Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Academic Dean - Lehman HS
at Hays CISD
Wage/Hour Status: Exempt
Pay Grade: AP06 – 226 Days
Assist in the promotion and improvement of instruction by fostering a positive school/organizational climate where all children can learn and become successful.
Texas principal or other appropriate Texas certificate
Certified Texas Teacher Support and Evaluation System (T-TESS) appraiser
Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to evaluate instructional program and teaching effectiveness
Ability to interpret data
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Two years experience as a classroom teacher
Experience as a campus administrator preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Utilizes knowledge of curriculum content and the curriculum development process to facilitate effective teaching and learning.
- Provide technical assistance to teachers and staff concerning the teaching/ learning process, and encouraging improved overall performance.
- Responsible for creating a campus master schedule.
- Reinforce expectations for staff performance with regard to instructional strategies and classroom management
- Encourage and support development of innovative instructional programs, helping teachers pilot such efforts when appropriate. Participate in program evaluation measures and make suggestions for improvement where needed.
- Foster collegiality and team building among staff members. Encourage their active involvement in decision-making process.
- Collaborates with administrators, teachers, and parents in assessing and planning improvement of the school.
- Demonstrates skills in problem resolution with administrators, parents, teachers, staff, and/or community.
- Oversee campus operations in principal’s absence.
- Systematically monitors program activities; uses evaluative findings to determine the quality of instructional outcomes related to programs and services.
- Take a leadership role in planning activities and implementing programs to ensure attainment of the school’s mission.
- Help principal develop, maintain, and use information systems to maintain records and track progress on campus performance objectives and academic excellence indicators.
- Oversee the induction and mentoring programs on campus.
- Supervise instructional coaches in all core academic areas and campus counselors
- Observe employee performance, record observations, and conduct evaluation conferences. Serve as second appraiser as needed for designated teacher appraisal system.
- Assist principal in interviewing, selecting, and orienting new staff.
- Work with faculty and students to develop a student discipline management system that results in positive student behavior and enhances the school climate.
- Articulate the school’s mission to community and solicit its support in realizing the mission.
- Demonstrate awareness of school-community needs and initiate activities to meet those needs using appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
Academic Excellence Indicators & Campus Performance Objectives
- Assist in analysis of data for consideration of CIP’s.
- Supervise academic programs such as advanced academics and student interventions.
Supervise and evaluate the work of professional staff as assigned by the school principal. Direct the work of teachers, custodians, paraprofessionals, clerical personnel and others as assigned.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including personal computer and peripherals.
Posture: Frequent sitting and standing; occasional bending/stooping, pushing,/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; occasional reaching
Lifting: Occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); occasional physical restraint of students to control behavior
Environment: May work prolonged or irregular hours; work inside and outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather), exposure to noise; occasional districtwide and statewide travel
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under stress
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding. Signature of acknowledgement indicates a receipt of aforementioned information.
Job Contact Information
Thursday, June 25, 2020 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)