Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2018-2019 Bus Driver - Transportation
at Hays CISD
Wage/Hour Status: Non-Exempt (180 Days)
Pay Grade: Bus Driver Step Scale
Ensure safe and orderly transportation of students and other authorized personnel on assigned route to and from schools or other designated locations.
High school diploma or equivalent
Valid Texas CDL with passenger and student endorsements
Valid Texas School Bus Driver Certification
Ability to successfully complete required bus driver safety training and physical examination
Ability to pass alcohol and drug test
Ability to manage student behavior
Ability to verbally communicate on two way radio
Ability to effectively communicate in English (read, write and speak)
Demonstrate problem solving abilities
Knowledge of routes and campuses
Knowledge of student discipline procedures
Maintain a criminal background which meets all local school district, state and federal requirements
Ability to interpret schedules, forms and maps
Ability to make critical decisions during pressure situations
Ability to multitask
Major Responsibilities and Duties for all Behavior Specialists:
- Follow assigned route and adhere to established schedules.
- Drive bus to and from extracurricular activities.
- Check bus for mechanical defects before and after each operation and notify supervisor of needed repairs.
- Report all accidents, vehicle damage, student injuries and mechanical failures. Complete required reports.
- Keep assigned bus clean and fueled.
- Assist in the preventive maintenance of the bus.
- Supervise students while they board and leave the bus and cross the street.
- Communicate with teachers and parents on a daily basis regarding student behavior while on bus.
- Maintain discipline; document and report student discipline problems to supervisor.
- Instruct students on safe riding rules, regulations and proper evacuation techniques.
- Observe all traffic laws and safety regulations for school buses and use effective defensive driving techniques.
- Observe all emergency and accident scene procedures.
- Perform appropriate first aid to the victim of an accident or sudden illness until te service of a health professional can be obtained.
- Inspect bus and document the Pre-Trip/Post-Trip checklist to ensure bus can be operated safely.
- Ensure proper condition of emergency equipment, such as first aid kit, fire extinguisher, flags, fuses, crow bar and reflector.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area that could cause an accident and inform supervisor of any conditions that are not correctable immediately.
- Operate two-way radio equipment to communicate with transportation office and other campuses.
- Work irregular hours as needed.
- Attend and successfully complete all required training to maintain safety certification.
- Keep records on bus mileage, seat assignment and number of passengers transported.
- Other duties as assigned.
School bus and all related equipment, safety equipment, telephone and two-way radio
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Maintain emotional control. Continual sitting, bending, stooping, stretching, twisting, turning, reaching, lifting (approximately 50 lbs. for 5 feet), carrying, pulling (approximately 20 lbs.), climbing and repetitive hand/arm motions. Work outside and inside. Possibility of extended hours. Moderate exposure to extreme temperatures, intermittent noise, exhaust fumes and walking.
Hays Consolidated I.S.D. will not discriminate against any person in employment or exclude any person from participating in or receiving benefits of any of its activities or programs on any basis prohibited on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs.
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required. Positions are extended annually based upon availability of funding.
Job Contact Information
Monday, July 02, 2018 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)