Hard Rock International
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Restaurant Assistant General Manager
at Hard Rock International
- Location : Location
- GY-GEORGETOWN, GUYANA
- Food & Beverage - Salaried
- Job ID
With venues in 74 countries, including 183 cafes, 27 hotels and 12 casinos, Hard Rock International (HRI) is one of the most globally recognized companies. Beginning with an Eric Clapton guitar, Hard Rock owns the world's most valuable collection of music memorabilia, which is displayed at its locations around the globe. Hard Rock is also known for its collectible fashion and music-related merchandise and Hard Rock Live performance venues. HRI owns the global trademark for all Hard Rock brands. The company owns, operates and franchises Cafes across Europe, Asia, and the Americas, as well as owns, licenses and/or manages hotel/casino properties worldwide. Destinations include the company’s two most successful Hotel and Casino properties in Florida, both owned and operated by HRI parent entity The Seminole Tribe of Florida. In 2018, Hard Rock International was recognized as a Forbes Magazine Top Employer for Women and Land Operator of the Year at the Global Gaming Awards. For more information on Hard Rock International visit www.hardrock.com.
A franchise partner of Hard Rock Cafe International (USA), Inc., is seeking a talented Restaurant Assistant General Manager for the Hard Rock Cafe Guyana. Assistant General Manager is the senior business leader in the Café supporting the General Manager for upholding all brand standards, core values, while meeting or exceeding Owners’ Objectives. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for asset management of the entire facility, the Assistant General Manager, in conjunction with the General Manager is expected to demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to identifying and acting on opportunities and challenges to maximize the business’ full potential in the market.
- Demonstrate a working financial comprehension in achieving the Café’s key performance metrics.
- Work very closely with Sales to execute the Café Sales & Marketing plan while helping to achieve year-over-year entrée count growth.
- Serve as a mentor and coach to junior management staff in understanding the businesses financial goals.
- Work in unison with the Café General Manager to communicate a clear operating direction based on a sound understanding of the business, strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities.
- Work across all departments in supporting the team in consistent execution of all systems and processes to consistently deliver all products and services to brand standards.
- Support the GM in building a highly functional team of management and hourly team members who share a common vision and values surrounding the overall success of the café.
- Champion change, ensuring all local and company initiatives are implemented successfully.
- Foster an environment of customer advocacy in which all team members put the guest first in very situation.
- Execute established standards for overall guest satisfaction that meet or exceed brand standards as determined by an objective ranking systems.
- Work in conjunction with the GM to be responsive and hospitable to guest feedback from all sources, including social media and email.
- Support Cafe staffing objectives by supporting the GM in attracting and retaining the most exceptionally talented people available in the market and place them in positions that leverage their skills and expertise for maximum impact.
- Clearly define goals and expectations for each management and hourly team member using performance review tools and hold your people accountable for successful performance.
- Support staff development and advancement along well-defined career paths.
- Serve as a Learning Coach developing, implementing and executing learning and developmental programs for all individuals under his/her stewardship in order to drive continuous improvement and retention.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the hospitality industry inclusive of restaurant front line operations.
- Bachelors Business Degree or documented entrepreneurial hospitality leadership.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills – that can be factually verified by peers and prior supervisors.
- Can illustrate consultative skills and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates strong problem solving skills through ability to diagnose and develop recommended solutions.
- Possesses the potential and aspiration to serve as a Hard Rock General Manager.
- Ability to move throughout the corporate office and cafes during visits (standing, walking, kneeling, bending) for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to make repeating movements of the arms, hands, and wrists.
- Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally and perceive sound by ear.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and ability to work with hand above shoulders.
- Ability to occasionally, regularly, frequently move objects (lift, push, pull, balance, carry) up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to turn or twist body parts in a circular motion.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to heat, cold, chemicals, and loud/noisy environment.
- Ability to travel via auto or airplane for long periods of time.
Ready to apply? Please email your resume to: Ramon.Higuerey@hardrock.com & email@example.com. When submitting your resume, please include in the email title the position and location you are applying for.
Hard Rock International is an equal opportunity employer. We live our motto LOVE ALL – SERVE ALL, and strive to foster an inclusive workplace culture for every team member. Hard Rock welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA),it is the policy of Hard Rock to provide reasonable accommodation when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with a disability, unless such accommodation would cause an undue hardship. The policy regarding requests for reasonable accommodation applies to all aspects of employment, including the application process. If reasonable accommodation is needed, please contact a member of our Human Resources team.
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
This job posting is for a position in a [hotel/restaurant] that is independently owned and operated by a franchisee. This means your application will be submitted to and reviewed solely by the franchisee, who will make any hiring decisions. If hired, the franchisee will be your employer and is alone responsible for any employment related matters