Halfaker and Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Halfaker and Associates
Halfaker and Associates, LLC, an award winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Software Engineering, IT Infrastructure, Cyber Security and Data Analytics to improve the health, security and well-being of all Americans. Our commitment to excellence and our vision to “Continue to Serve” has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies in the health, defense, security and intelligence sectors. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we have employees nationwide and were recently named a 2018 Top Work Place by the Washington Post. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with Halfaker.
Halfaker has an opening for a Technical Writer to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead the technical writing team for FSC, managing and planning for all the deliverables, and ensure the quality of the documentation being delivered for FSC
- Works as part of the multiple teams to develop delivery and internal documentation for mobile and web application development
- Explain highly technical data and information in simplistic language for end users of complex IT systems and projects
- Manage content creation across multiple documents continuously with competing deadlines
- Perform quality reviews and peer reviews across technical and non-technical documents and evaluate documents based on accuracy, substance, and quality of written content
- Create technical content for contract deliverables and project documents from scratch using “SME interviews” to author narrative content from scratch and validate it with technical system engineers
- Follow client-required templates and content checklist requirements across required project documents
- Understand client and Halfaker style guides and know which documents to apply which style guide
- Must be able to use a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and scheduling tools.
- Must have experience in being able to gather and convert data into a written narrative.
- Must be able to work collaboratively with technical teams, program manager, and government customer
- Experience with VA development processes
- Knowledge of Veteran’s Information Portal (VIP practices and procedures
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
- Highly motivated
- Ability to take initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team setting
- AA or two-year technical degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required (4 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- 3 years of experience leading a team of writers developing technical content
- VA IT programs experience preferred
- Must be able to successfully undergo a Veterans Affairs High Security Investigation (VA BI)
Halfaker and Associates, LLC, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.