Halfaker and Associates
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Principal System Architect
at Halfaker and Associates
Halfaker and Associates, LLC, an award winning high growth small business, creates innovative and customer-centric technology solutions in the areas of Software Engineering, IT Infrastructure, Cyber Security and Data Analytics to improve the health, security and well-being of all Americans. Our commitment to excellence and our vision to “Continue to Serve” has resulted in steady growth and an expanding client base across government agencies in the health, defense, security and intelligence sectors. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we have employees nationwide and were recently named a 2018 Top Work Place by the Washington Post. Please take a moment to browse through our website and learn more about what it means to serve with Halfaker.
Halfaker has an opening for a Principal System Architect to join our talented, dynamic team. The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Lead and provide direction working in multiple EA Domains to implement FSC Vision, Mission Goals, Objectives and Business Strategy, and help lead the translation of the business strategy into a technical strategy.
- Demonstrate knowledge in System, Data, Security, Infrastructure, Cloud, and Technology Architecture Domains
- Demonstrate knowledge in establishing Enterprise Design Patterns and Best Practices for Architecture and Design.
- Be able lead and collaborate on enterprise architecture design principles and define standards for the same.
- Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Understand assigned clients and their service lines and actively assess/present ways to improve
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge
- Experience in developing solutions architecture artifacts, and governance processes.
- Experience planning and developing oversight processes
- Experience in analyzing and validating system/software architecture and design in Pega, .NET, Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) and Cloud technologies/platforms.
- Coordinate with Development and Innovation Solutions team for providing architecture/design support on projects.
- Support and manage EA documentation related to quality standards, audits and design patterns and data process improvements for all IT and service delivery for FSC.
- Implement the systems, policy, and procedures required to effectively manage execution of the Enterprise Architecture program in support of all IT and service delivery for FSC
- Experience developing, verifying and versioning EA artifacts, models and reports
- In-depth knowledge of EA processes such as SDLCM, transition planning, risk analysis, alternative analysis, and performance management
- Knowledge of the Veterans Affairs Architecture Framework (VAAF), Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF), Federal, Enterprise Architecture (FEA), Federal Segment Architecture Methodology (FSAM) and Frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and team skills
- System Architect Tool Exposure is recommended
- BPMN Exposure is recommended
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and 6 years significant experience as an Enterprise Architect in a large business or Federal infrastructure
- 8 years significant and relevant experience to IT systems may be substituted for education
- Must be able to successfully undergo a Veterans Affairs High Security Investigation (VA BI)
Halfaker and Associates, LLC, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.