Great American Insurance Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Commercial Surety Underwriter
at Great American Insurance Group
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Position Type
- Full Time
Be Here. Be Great. Working for a leader in the insurance industry means opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group, a member of American Financial Group, is a Fortune 500 company consistently recognized as a top place to work. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American's Bond Division has been underwriting surety and fidelity bonds for over 90 years. Great American is known for expert underwriting, solid financial strength, market leadership and creative solutions to all bonding needs. With a highly diverse product line, Great American is one of the top surety companies in the United States. The Bond Division is currently seeking a Senior Commercial Surety Underwriter in one of the following locations: Austin, Dallas, Houston, Denver, Seattle, St. Louis, Kansas City, Des Moines or Omaha.
- Has responsibility for low to moderately complex risk selection / rejection, pricing, retention, growth and profitability within scope of authority and per divisional objectives.
- Uses independent judgment and initiative to support business goals.
- Maintains a high level of customer service.
- Receives and analyzes submissions and determines terms to offer (policy limits, credit limits, deductibles, coverage options and conditions, work programs, etc.).
- Makes recommendations on risks over authority.
- Develops and maintains effective business relationships with internal and external customers / coworkers in order to attract and retain profitable business.
- Interacts with the producers / insureds, assisting in marketing calls and participating in underwriting / production calls
- Visits producers and principals in order to retain existing accounts, survey exposures, build and maintain business relationships and develop new opportunities in support of divisional objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field is preferred.
- 4 to 6 years of commercial or contract surety experience is required. Beginning coursework toward certification in area of expertise preferred, Associate in Surety and Fidelity Bonding (AFSB).
- Must have strong communication skills to build and leverage excellent customer relationships and to successfully market products.