Great American Insurance Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Loss Control Consultant
at Great American Insurance Group
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Travel Percentage
- Up to 40%
Be Here. Be Great! Working for a leader in the insurance industry means a great opportunity for you. Great American Insurance Group’s member companies are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company. We combine a "small company" culture where your ideas will be heard with "big company" expertise to help you succeed. With over 30 specialty property and casualty operations and a variety of financial services, there are always opportunities here to learn and grow.
Great American Loss Control is currently seeking a Loss Control Consultant who will provide technically competent loss control services and conduct onsite activities to help acquire and retain profitable business, in accordance with the company and business teams' policies and objectives. The opening is a new addition due to growth in our Texas business.
The person hired will work from their home and will travel within their territory, mainly in Central Texas, some West Texas. There is approximately 30% - 40% travel. A company car will be provided, requiring a good driving record. Candidates should be located in the Central Texas area – preferably Austin to Temple areas.
- Surveys and Services commercial risks of any size and/or complexity for all lines of coverage.
- Plans and coordinates all service account scheduling and activities.
- Provides risk management cnsultation services and Risk Improvement recommendations.
- Provides value-added customer services to insureds, agents, and company underwriting teams.
- Maintains good communications at all levels with agents, underwriters, customers.
- Demonstrates professionalism with all customers, agents, underwriters on/ about visits and communications.
- Assists team selling efforts for large accounts to acquire and retain quality accounts.
- Assists in training commercial lines underwriters.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years loss control experience with an insurance carrier/company.
- Strong casualty and property knowledge (with the ability to evaluate commercial sprinkler systems).
- Must have the following degrees of knowledge and technical proficiency:
- Basic knowledge of underwriting and product management skills
- Expert knowledge of Loss Control and marketing requirements for a least one commercial lines product
- Broad knowledge of commercial lines of insurance coverage, engineering principles and loss control concepts, safety standards and codes (i.e. OSHA, DOT, EPA, CPSC, NFPA, etc.)
- Designations are a plus: ARM, CFPS, ASP, CSP, PE, or a Master’s degree in Safety and Health.
- Strong communication skills, including conducting safety training.
- Strong computer skills.