Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Water Engineer or Scientist
at Geosyntec Consultants
Looking for a place to grow your career? A place where you can work with industry recognized professionals who are solving tough environmental problems? Geosyntec is the place for you! As a Senior Water Engineer or Scientist in our Austin, Texas Office, you will apply your academic knowledge and practical experience to real-world situations in support of natural resource permitting and compliance projects for new developments, expansions, and operation and maintenance activities. You will interact with a multi-disciplinary team of professionals throughout the U.S. and will provide leadership and client development specifically in environmental permitting & planning, construction management and environmental regulatory compliance for clients primarily within the industrial and energy sectors.
Our clients ask us to address their new ventures and most challenging problems involving the environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure. Ranked by ENR in the top 20 design firms for the environment, Geosyntec is internationally known for its technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service. Learn more by visiting www.geosyntec.com.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Collaboration and mentoring are cornerstones of Geosyntec’s culture. Consistent with our sell-manage-do business model, you will be expected to play a leadership role in helping build the future of our industrial water and energy practice through lead generation, business development, project management, staff management and development, and mentoring.
Some of the key responsibilities for the position include:
- Preparing Clean Water Act Sections 10, 404, and 401 permit applications, as well as Section 408 from the US Army Corps of Engineers;
- Preparing environmental plans, including Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), and securing National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit coverage;
- Preparing environmental documents for compliance with the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA);
- Conducting environmental inspections for compliance with permit conditions including NPDES stormwater compliance, wetlands permits, navigable waters permits, and other state and federal environmental regulations including Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) environmental regulations;
- Preparing a variety of technical documents and environmental permit applications;
- Preparing erosion and sediment control designs;
- Managing siting, permitting, planning, licensing, compliance and environmental oversight of linear energy infrastructure (and related fixed assets) projects;
- Managing multiple projects within the scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensuring quality standards on project deliverables;
- Managing the overall delivery of projects including, project planning and controls, financial management, change management, risk management, and contract/subcontract management;
- Effectively stewarding and building client relationships to repeat business;
- Developing business opportunities with new and existing clients and preparing associated proposals; and
- Helping broaden our reputation via publishing and/or visibility at prominent industry conferences.
The selected candidate will need to demonstrate and provide superior technical, managerial, and business development expertise in the environmental compliance marketplace, with the associated responsibility for meeting profitability, quality management, and safety goals.
Here are some other things you should know about a typical Senior Water Engineer or Scientist position with Geosyntec:
- Training: This position requires health and safety, defensive driving certification, first aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm. We also offer professional development opportunities including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow our professionals to build the technical and business skills necessary to become successful consultants
- Fieldwork: Up to 20%
- Overnight travel: Up to 20%
Your success is our success. We encourage our professionals to continually develop their interests and skills. Advancement is based on an individual’s own performance and initiative.
- BS degree in environmental or civil engineering, natural resources or environmental science, or ecology. (required)
- Advanced degree in environmental or civil engineering, or natural resources or environmental science, with emphasis on water resources or closely related discipline. (preferred)
- At least 10 years of professional, research, or related experience. (required)
- Demonstrated experience managing water resources project and teams for municipal, water district, industrial, and other water resources clients.
- Valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. (required)
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills, communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a growing Firm.
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/.
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits package. Learn more by visiting http://www.geosyntec.com/careers/employee-benefits.
REQ NO: SENIO02022