Kindred at Home
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Vocational Nurse - Fee For Service
at Kindred at Home
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities PAS:
- Conducts on-site client evaluations.
- Assess adequacy of the client service plan and need for other services on an ongoing basis, making appropriate referrals.
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises attendants.
- Responsibilities for Licensed Home Health:
- Provide nursing services, treatments, preventive and rehabilitative procedures under the assignment of an Registered Nurse.
- Observe signs and symptoms and report to the practitioner and Registered Nurse reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the client’s physical and/or emotional condition.
- Teach, supervise and counsel the client and other family members regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the client at home.
- Responsibilities Both PAS and Licensed Home Health:
- Completes visits as scheduled and reports verbally to unit regarding completion of visits on a daily basis.
- Communicates to Director and/or office personnel pertinent client and/or attendant information.
- Completes appropriate forms, attaches to the Daily Visit Reports and submits within 48 hours of visit.
- Corrects and resubmits error rejections within 48 hours.
- Responsible for maintaining nurses files.
- Participates in case conferences with other members of the health care team.
- Participates in staff meetings and in-services.
- Maintains confidentiality on all client, attendant and staff information.
- Graduate from an accredited Licensed Vocational school of nursing.
- Previous public health or home health nursing preferred. Must have appropriate nursing skills and judgment.
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish).
- Currently licensed to practice as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Must have interest and understanding and appreciation of the problems of the elderly.
- Competent to carry out any skilled procedures that the practitioner may order.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and to document pertinent information.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to make independent home visits, including performance of necessary tasks.
- Must be able to handle angry or hostile individuals or situations in a professional manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.