Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
User Experience Designer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18000297
We are now seeking a User Experience Designer to join our Government Programs team in Austin, TX. You should have the ability to handle a fast-paced business environment and work collaboratively under tight deadlines, with a range of positions and levels of authority. You should also possess the qualities of excellent communications skills, organizational talents, efficient, conscientious, and reliable work habits.
Our team is responsible for the design and development of highly innovative components and products for our GP unit, from desktop applications integrating various hardware (biometric devices integration) to high performance server applications, including issuance of official documents in a very secure environment (PKI, encryption, cryptography).
A week in the life of a User Experience Designer:
- You will be part of the project team working on innovative solutions to issue government official documents.
- You will work with product and project management team to define product experience and champion the user.
- You will be responsible for researching and designing the overall user experience for key new projects, as well as supporting ongoing improvements of current products, including conducting user testing, prototyping, creating wireframes and UI concepts, field research and combing through analytics.
- You will present design solutions and project deliverables to team members and stakeholders.
- You will deliver appropriate level of design specifications needed to the engineering team to ensure high quality development on time. You will also collaborate as appropriate on creating user stories and acceptance criteria.
- You will work independently against deadlines, by finding ways to maximize the efficiency in a fast pace environment.
- You will work closely to the technical leader to design and implement the required features, and to the validation team to provide support during validation phases as required.
- You will report progress against deadlines as requested by management.
- As part of the development team, you will participate in conforming to company standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- To succeed at this job, you must have experience in user experience design for software products or in a consulting environment, with experience in sketching, concept creation and wire framing, producing user flows, creating clickable prototypes.
- You must be proficient in key software packages such as Sketch, InVision and Flinto, have a good knowledge of web and mobile technologies and interaction architecture practices in UX, with the ability to take wireframes through to well-executed visual designs
- It would be preferred if you have experience in research methods - usability testing (lab), phone interview, focus groups.
- You must be fluent in English.
- We would like someone to join our team who has a strong sensibility to the best design practices for production delivery across platforms, desktop and mobile, with good presentation skills and ability to present concepts clearly to an appropriate audience
- You must have a BA degree in HCI, graphic design or related field. You must have the U.S. citizenship with no dual citizenship, as per CFIUS requirements
- We are looking for someone with 5 years of product design experience, with good analytical mind and problem solving skills, able and willing to learn and to work autonomously
- You must be able to travel up to 10% of the time domestically during the specification phase and for workshops with customers.
- You will have the possibility to grow professionally in the team and in the company
Apply now before this career opportunity is filled. We look forward to reading your resume!
Employees are required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto position, in compliance with all company policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran's status, or other protected group status. We support and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualified members of protected groups. Applicantsmay request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process,please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com