Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
As a Junior DevOps Engineer for the SoftwareMonetization Global Services team located in Austin, you will support our webservices in Public Clouds (AWS/AliCloud). You will be working with automationand C.I/C.D pipelines, and following best security practices for all webapplication developments and operations.
- You will work closely with other stakeholders in supportingour services and customers.
- You will troubleshoot and improve our infrastructures: AWS infrastructure(VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, EKS, ECS, IAM, Lambda, etc.); Kubernetes/Docker/Istio;OpenNMS/Datadog/Nagios/Cloudwatch; Ansible/Cloudformation/Terraform/Helm Charts
- You will socialize designs with teams and integratesuggestions and changes as appropriate.
- You will consult with other technical team members andmanagement on industry best DevOps as well as security practices.
- You will discuss innovative solutions applicable to our cloudservices environment.
- You will provide input to improve scalability andavailability of our services.
- You will be on the on-call rotation.
- To succeed at thisjob, you must have: experience with supporting web-based services;knowledge in deploying/supporting production grade web services in AWS Cloud;be fluent in Linux environment; the ability to code in Python shell script;experience managing and troubleshooting Relational Databases; working knowledgewith load balancers (Haproxy/ALB); and experience with Istio Service Mesh andhow to troubleshoot it.
- It would bepreferred if you have: prior knowledge with Thales Sentinel Services;experience with J2EE/JVM based services; knowledge in AliCloud; and experiencewith MySQL and RDS. It would be preferred if you had a Bachelor's Degree inComputer Science.
- We would like someoneto join our team who is a strong written and verbal communicator, detail-oriented,has a sense of ownership, eager to learn, open-minded, and autonomous.
- We are looking forsomeone withat least 2 years of hands-on experience in supporting web-based services in apublic cloud environment and 1 year of experience working with Ansible or Helm,Terraform or Cloudformation, Docker and Kubernetes.
- You must be fluent in English.
- Apply now before thiscareer opportunity is filled. We look forward to reading your CV!
Employeesare required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto, a Thalescompany, positions, in compliance with all company policies, procedures,practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its solediscretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, thoseimplemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems andtechnology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations andpublic policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure,modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve securityevents or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility isassigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto,a Thales Company, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Itis our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees andapplicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin,marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, genderidentity, veteran's status, or other protected group status. We support andapply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includesspecial efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualifiedmembers of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation toparticipate in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to the HumanResources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.