Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Junior DevOps Engineer
Thales Software Monetization Global Services(SMGS) seeks a Junior DevOps Engineer to join in our global team. This is aremote position (or in office as an option if prefers). The primary role of SMGSis supporting our web services in Public Clouds (AWS/AliCloud). The successful DevOpsEngineer will need to have hands on experience in automation, C.I/C.Dpipelines, following best security practices, and web application development/operation.
If you have previous workingknowledge with Thales Sentinel Services, we would love to hear from you.
- Work closely with other stakeholders in supporting our services and customers.
- Troubleshooting and improve our infrastructures
- AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, EKS, ECS, IAM, Lambda etc.) and equivalent services in AliCloud
- Ansible/Cloudformation/Terraform/Helm Charts
- On call rotation.
- Socialize designs with team and integrate suggestions and changes as appropriate.
- Consult with other technical team members and management on industry best DevOps as well as security practices.
- Discuss and agree on the innovative solutions applicable to our cloud services environment.
- Provide input to improve scalability and availability of our services.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Sense of ownership
- Eager to learn
- Open minded
- Fluent in Linux Environment.
- At least 2 years hands-on experience in supporting web based services in a public cloud environment. Experience with J2EE/JVM based services are highly desirable.
- You have knowledge in deploying/supporting production grade web services in AWS Cloud. Additional knowledge in Alicloud is desirable
- You are able to code in python, shell script without the help of google.
- At least one year working knowledge on Ansible or Helm, Terraform or cloudformation, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Working experience in managing and troubleshooting Relational Databases (MySQL is desirable). RDS experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge with load balancers such as Haproxy/ALB etc.
- You know how service mesh - istio works, and how to troubleshoot when it doesn't.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills necessary to work remotely as part of a global team.
- Previous experience successfully and happily working as part of a remote or distributed team will be highly appreciated.
Employees are required to perform theduties of this position, or any Gemalto position, in compliance with allcompany policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal,which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, butnot limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant,information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state andlocal regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorizedaccess, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and helpresolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensureresponsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto, a Thales Company, is an Equal Opportunityand Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employmentopportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color,age, religion, sex national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability,sexual orientation, veteran's status, or other protected group status. Wesupport and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. Thisincludes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization,qualified members of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation toparticipate in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to the HumanResources Department at email@example.com