GateHouse Media, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at GateHouse Media, Inc.
|Location:||TX - Austin|
|Job Category:||News Room / Editorial|
|Division:||Center for News & Design|
GHM Center for News & Design- Proofreaders
Wish you were here(or there*)!
At GateHouse Media’s Center for News & Design in Austin, Texas, our talented team works with newsrooms across the U.S. to produce more than 200 daily and weekly publications, plus hundreds of magazines and special sections each year.
Our more than 220 designers, team leaders and proofreaders come from all over the country — and more than half of them live there, too. (*Remote work is possible in 39 states. We have a huge remote design team).
GateHouse Media is seeking proofreaders for our Center for News & Design in Austin, Texas. Our employees have a unique opportunity to learn and develop their talents under our experienced and innovative senior leadership team. The ideal candidate is a motivated and flexible self-starter with awesome organizational skills, the ability to communicate over multiple platforms, and pride in their work knowing that they help inform readers around the country. Communication skills and learning new systems and processes are a big part of our operation. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in journalism.
- Work closely with designers to ensure all of the content meets GHM standards
- Proofreads for error-free grammar, spelling, punctuation and style for local and national newspapers
- Makes suggestions for unclear ideas.
- Responsible for verifying content is consistent with design layout
- Handles multiple projects under tight deadlines without compromising quality
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign is a must!
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Great organizational and communication skills
- Solid writing and grammar skills
- Adept at accepting design feedback
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Knowledge of content management systems is a bonus Up for the challenge of a fast-paced work environment
Are you ready to join one of the largest publishers of locally based media in the country?
Full-time and part-time position are available. Hours of operations are between 6 a.m. and 3 a.m. (unless there is breaking news) including weekends and holidays. Two consecutive days off. To apply for a part-time or full-time opportunity, visit our career page at gatehousemedia.com/careers or inquire at 512.614.1500. Don’t forget to include samples of your work.