Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager I
at Fresenius Medical Care Holdings, Inc.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Developing, experienced professional delivering moderate scope project management support and expertise in designated business unit. Provides support on multiple projects and facilitation of activities of cross-functional teams to ensure that predetermined specifications, timelines and objectives are met. Collaborates in the application and continuous improvement of project management for all projects. Delivers appropriate project management processes, methods, techniques, and tools and is able to implement these according to the project's requirements. Supports FMCNA's mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy. Adheres to the FMCNA Compliance Program, including following all regulatory, divisional, business unit and department policy requirements.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, provide project management support and guidance to assigned business unit projects and initiatives through project lifecycle ensuring projects are performed in accordance with established processes and procedures, and in compliance with company and regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- Support projects of moderate scope and complexities to achieve goals and objectives that contribute to the overall business strategy, ensuring project completion within approved time frame, funding, and scope parameters.
- Assist with developing and maintaining project plans, schedules, tasks and resources ensuring adherence to established project management life cycle methodologies and best practices.
- Coordinate, monitor and manage project activities, deliverables and schedule, ensuring appropriate escalation and reporting of timeline status, delays, blocking issues, risk assessment, budget variances and compliance matters, as needed. Ensure project plan includes all relevant deliverables for each phase.
- Coordinate the efforts of resources required to successfully implement project goals and objectives within the prescribed timeframe and budget. When timeline and/or budget deviations are identified, escalate to appropriate management.
- Accountable for accurate, thorough documentation. Assist with the development and distribution of reports and project documents defining project progress, issues and solutions including but not limited to project plan, communication plan, issues log, risk log, project timeline, and high-level executive summary.
- Assist with issue and risk management. Maintain issue tracking list, monitor, assess, highlight potential areas of concern, recommend potential options to adjust project priorities to manage changes and resources, and initiate action needed to facilitate completion of deliverables and project tasks if risk is identified. At managers discretion, may participate in the execution of strategic and tactical risk management plans (risk analysis, contingency planning, trigger event identification, mitigation action, etc.).
- Proactively resolve routine and moderate scope issues exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Collaborate with project team and other departments to resolve issues which affect the project execution. Escalate diverse and complex issues to supervisor/manager.
- Act as a liaison between various internal groups/departments and/or external resources, as required. Escalate any stakeholder, customer, resource dissatisfaction.
- Participate and/or manage resource scheduling activities indicating which project team member/resource is responsible for working on a particular task as part of the project breakdown structure, ensuring understanding of their project requirements.
- Participate in cross-functional project team meetings and discussions ensuring appropriate participation, team focus on objectives and documentation and communication of agreements, additions to work breakdown structure and conclusions.
- Participate in efforts to develop, maintain, continuously improve and communicate best practices, processes, procedures, standards, methodologies, techniques and technology resulting in improved quality, efficiency, stability, continuity and project delivery in terms of time, budget and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Contribute in research and special projects to support projects and new initiatives, upon supervisor/manager request.
- Normally receive general work instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Work is reviewed for soundness.
- Develop productive internal and external working relationships. Provide outstanding customer service in a timely manner.
- May provide assistance to junior level staff with general tasks that require a better understanding of functions, as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Continue development of professional and technical concepts and knowledge. Keep up-to-date on industry trends and best practices. With management approval, participate in workshops, continuing education and other professional development opportunities.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as assigned by a direct supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel may be required. Please see department/business unit addendum for requirements and details.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree with 2 – 5 years' related experience; or a Master's degree with no experience; or equivalent directly related work experience.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, keep up with evolving priorities, and complete work within establish timeframes in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-volume environmentwhile remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient.
- Developed knowledge of standard project management best practices, tools, methodologies and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and cultivate productive relationships, communicate with all levels of peers and management in a respectful and tactful manner. Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries.
- Proven ability to think quickly, make swift recommendations, communicate and coordinate plans that support the resolution of issues and risk mitigation.
- Problem solving and conflict management skills with the ability to analyze moderate scope issues to develop realistic and relevant plans and recommendations.
- Highly detailed with excellent organizational, planning, multi-tasking, customer service and verbal and written communication skills.
- Energetic, self-motivated, innovative thinker with a positive can-do attitude. Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio), project management software (ie: MS Project or equivalent), and software to support Agile process (ie: Gira or Kanban software equivalent) required.
EO/AA Employer: Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity