Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Account Executive, Public Sector
at Fleishman Hillard
# of Openings:
Position Overview and Responsibilities:
The FleishmanHillard Austin office is seeking an energetic, self-starting Senior Account Executive to be part of our growing public sector practice. This position provides a fantastic opportunity for a passionate PR practitioner to help develop and execute several statewide, integrated campaigns that seek to improve the health and safety of Texans. The successful new hire will thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment that focuses on delivering outstanding results.
- Contribute to program and plan development and management to reach diverse audiences and meet campaign objectives.
- Execute advocacy campaign plans including integrating paid and earned media, partner activation, stakeholder engagement and event management.
- Drive media relations planning and outreach with clients and partners.
- Develop strategic communication documents ranging from press releases, fact sheets, talking points, FAQs, executive remarks, blog posts, tweets, articles, etc.
- Support the team in developing and growing the public sector client base.
- 2 - 4 years of public relations experience. Experience working with government and/or health-related clients is a plus. PR agency experience is preferred.
- Excellent writing and editing skills that reflect 1) an ability to clarify and simplify complicated issues and diverse subject matter, and 2) versatility in tone and technique depending on the author and/or audience.
- Well-developed-skills in building and maintaining traditional and digital media relationships.
- Strong interpersonal skills, can work effectively in a team environment and maintain composure and quality under deadline pressure.
- Entrepreneurial and action-oriented in business development activities.
- Ability to solve problems and exercise excellent judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines without sacrificing quality, maintain good client relationships and deliver outstanding results.
- Professional, proactive and committed to high standards in the quality of the communications product.
- Team player with a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to speak and translate Spanish is a plus.
FleishmanHillard is the world’s most complete global communications firm, specializing in public relations, public affairs, marketing, paid media, and transmedia and social content. FleishmanHillard delivers on the power of true, reflecting the firm’s high values and unique ability to guide clients through a world demanding unprecedented authenticity and transparency.
FleishmanHillard was named “Standout Agency” on Advertising Age’s 2013 A-List; NAFE’s “Top 50 Companies for Executive Women” for 2010-2013; Advertising Age’s 2012 “Best Places to Work”; and The Holmes Report’s 2012 Global “Public Affairs Agency of the Year.” The firm’s award-winning work is widely heralded, including at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity. FleishmanHillard is part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc., and has more than 80 offices in 29 countries, plus affiliates in 42 countries. Visit us at www.fleishmanhillard.com.
FleishmanHillard is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. FleishmanHillard does not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where FleishmanHillard does business. Our policy is to employ, advance, and reasonably accommodate all qualified employees and applicants.
If you need assistance reviewing career opportunities or completing an application, please call 314-982-6283 or email our careers team.