Fidelity Partners is a leading national healthcare, technology and logistics services company supporting both private and government sector clients. We are committed to the highest levels of professionalism and work ethic to cultivate long-term relationships.
We are currently accepting qualified applications for a Physician Assistant to support one of our Government clients in Ft. Hood, TX.
SIGN ON BONUS-$5,000.00
For this position, Physician Assistant shall have surgical experience associated with the OR and/or first assistant duties.
Physician Assistant shall perform within the scope of clinical privileges granted by the Medical Treatment Facility (MTF) and the overall demand for PA services. Productivity is expected to be comparable to that of other PAs with the same scope of practice. Workload will be scheduled by the treatment facility. Caseload includes scheduled and unscheduled requirements for care.
- Take patient’s medical history. Perform complete physical examination or examination pertinent to the patient’s chief complaint and records findings.
- Orders pertinent laboratory studies and X-rays. Formulates a working diagnosis and determines whether ambulatory treatment is sufficient or whether to consult with supervisor concerning hospitalization or other warranted action.
- Write consults referring patients to specialty clinics. • You must be responsible for maintenance of the highest standards of professional care in the treatment of patients and in the teaching and training of residents and technicians. Prepare and document appropriate history, physical examinations and diagnosis. Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with hospital directives and prepare such records and reports as may be required by the contract. Ensure all documentation and reports are legible.
- Independently prescribe medications from approved formulary. Issues temporary profiles according to MTF policy. Shall use and be guided by the MTF formulary.
- Prepare all documentation to meet established standards of the MTF and DoD to include but not limited to timeliness, legibility, accuracy, content and signature.
- Follow DoD, Army, MTF, and TRICARE regulations and policies when arranging for a referral or consult.
- Inform patients of the required referral or consult by indicating the specialty involved.
- Respect and maintain the basic rights of patients, demonstrating concern for personal dignity and human relationships. • You shall maintain open and professional communication with members of the MTF.
- Required to perform their assigned duties with regard to all admitted patients, outpatients and eligible beneficiaries, regardless of underlying diseases process or physical condition of such patients or beneficiaries.
- Take part in Department Quality Improvement Programs as required to meet the standards of the Joint Commission.
- Attend and participate inpatient care reports, patient care conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and other appropriate professional activities to the extent that such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned cases and/or performance of contract services.
- Meet all licensing/certification requirements to perform as a Physician Assistant in accordance with requirements.
- Possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted, current state medical license in one of the 50 states, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam or US Virgin Islands.
- Must have or obtain a current, valid Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number prior to performing the services. Minimum of two years of experience (within the past four years) of routinely practicing as a PA.
- Be able to obtain and maintain privileges at the Medical Center through approval of the Credentials Committee.S
- Shall possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university
- Possess current Board Certification by the National Commission of Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
- Applicable diploma and proof of membership in the NCCPA is required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) in accordance with Hospital Policy.
- Serve on hospital committee(s) and chart reviews if necessary, as directed by Chief, Dept of Surgery.
- Able to read, write, and speak English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
- Possess sufficient initiative, interpersonal relations skills and social sensitivity such that he/she can relate constructively to a variety of patients from diverse backgrounds.
- Be required to meet Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements.
- Required to attend OPPE and FPPE activities. • You shall be required to precept and oversee PA students and special forces medics.
- Ensure contract HCP has received Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) required training for the position.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be able to type and have had experience using computers especially Microsoft