Ervin Cable Construction, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OSP Designer I - Austin, TX
at Ervin Cable Construction, LLC
|We have an exciting opportunity for dedicated, hard-working, and goal focused individuals to work on a great team in a growing organization. We're a family operated, financially stable business, with national capabilities. Please review the summary and qualifications of this position and complete the online-application for immediate consideration. Thank you for your interest in Ervin Cable Construction, we look forward to hearing from you!|
|A successful OSP Designer I shall be able to design and deliver coax and fiber optic telecommunications designs using the ESRI suite and other GIS products. At a minimum, the position requires a good working knowledge of ArcGIS and/or CAD software; basic IT skills, and the ability to read, understand, interpret, and analyze data. Knowledge of telecommunications network structure is helpful though not required, we will train.|
|• the ability to work safely, with or without supervision;|
• the ability to read understand, interpret, input, and analyze data with a high degree of accuracy and completeness;
• the ability to organize work loads and determine priority of duties;
• detail oriented, well organized, and effective in multi-tasking;
• excellent manual dexterity;
• excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and analytical skills, exceptional critical thinking ability;
• the ability to read and understand highway/road prints and identify conflicts with outside plant facilities;
• the ability to perform independently with minimal supervision, exercising latitude to achieve daily objectives;
• the ability to work seated at a table for extended periods;
|• Manage processes effectively and apply expertise to ensure completion of work assignments.|
• Participate in the implementation and maintenance of processes or procedures.
• Communicate with employees, contractors, vendors, and/or customers to assist assigned department/project.
• Read, interpret, input, and analyze data in support of an assigned department/project.
• Additional Duties as assigned.
|• Bachelor's Degree in a related field or 4 years of related work experience.|
• Proficient in the use of office hardware and software. (PCs, Tablets, Printers, Copiers, Microsoft, Google, etc.)
• Advanced proficiency in assigned function, example; (Accounting, Engineering, IT, Procurement, Project Mgmt, etc.)
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• Successful completion of pre-employment drug screen, background, and motor vehicle record check.
|Benefits (*Full-Time Only):|
|• Competitive Pay|
• Health Insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Plans
• *Flexible Spending Accounts
• Retirement Savings Plan (401K) with company matching
• *Stock Purchase Plan
• *Short & Long Term Disability
• *Supplemental Life and ADD&D Insurance
• *Paid Holidays & Vacation (PTO)
• *Tuition Reimbursement
Our Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind including, based on disability and protected veteran status. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also the Company's policy to comply with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions. Please visit the following URL to view the EEO is the Law poster and the Supplement. (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm)
The Company also does not consider criminal convictions to be an absolute bar to employment and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Applicants applying for positions in Illinois are not required to disclose arrests or sealed or expunged records of convictions.