Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Equipment Depot
Oversees and manages day-to-day service & parts operations at the local level (service support team, parts Supervisor and technicians will report directly to this individual). Proven ability to assemble and lead a high-performing, customer-focused team. Ensures that service, rental, and parts operations work as a team to provide a hassle-free experience for our customers. Effectively drives change within the organization to insure one consistent way of doing business with other Equipment Depot locations. Achieves business objectives by improving the skills and professionalism within our service & parts operations. Ensures that each location meets the budget forecasts. Improving the efficiency of his/her service & parts organization will be a key responsibility.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Communicates and promotes the Equipment Depot vision and mission within their team.
- Is a positive role model for his/her service and parts personnel. Has the ability to inspire and motivate others to perform at a higher level. Treats others with respect.
- Provides feedback/recognition for the performance of individuals within his/her organization.
- Is driven to perform at a level that exceeds customer expectations.
- Ensures that his/her team performs with a positive attitude and a great sense of urgency in order to exceed customer expectations.
- Will earn the trust and respect of people both within and outside his/her organization.
- Will be required to handle disciplinary issues involving personnel if/when they occur.
- Works with his/her General Manager to develop and implement short- and long-term strategic plans, objectives and goals for each location under their responsibility, along with a plan of action about how to achieve them.
- Ensures that customer requests are addressed in a prompt and professional manner; promptly addresses customer concerns / complaints.
- Ensures that performance reviews are completed as required for everyone within his/her organization.
- Assists in the recruiting and development of the service and parts organization.
- Assists in the implementation and use of the Service Automation system.
- Provides necessary tools, training, and support for his reports to achieve the collective goals/objectives of One Equipment Depot, and their individual goals/objectives.
- Wage administration for direct reports, assist direct reports with their wage administration efforts.
- Presents and maintains a professional image/manner in performing role.
- Ensures that the sales, rental, and service/parts teams work together to exceed customer expectations. Ensures that service & parts KPI’s (relating to efficiency, productivity and customer satisfaction) are consistently met.
- Is responsible for Service & Parts profitability.
Skills and Specifications
- Good communication, leadership and team-building skills.
- Proven problem solving ability.
- Adept at conflict resolution.
- Prior experience in leading a service and/or parts team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time sensitive deadlines.
- Prior experience with (and ability to interpret/understand) financial statements and budgeting/forecasting.
- Proven ability to develop, manage, motivate, and lead a diverse work force.
- Ability to manage individuals at off-site locations, while coordinating their roles and activities to be in line with the centralized effort.
- Ability to communicate across all functional groups and geographic locations working as one company.
- Can develop, manage and motivate a diverse work force.
- Basic knowledge of industrial equipment (IC vs. Electric, etc.)
Education and Qualifications
Education: minimum high school diploma
Experience: 5+ years proven hands-on management experience.
Computer Skills: Basic knowledge and ability with Microsoft Office products.
Other Requirements: Strong organizational, communication, and conflict resolution skills. Ability to facilitate change.
Work environment varies from office (including shop floor) to off-site locations
OUR CORE VALUES
Passion to Perform – We are passionate to perform and focus on concrete achievements
Trust to Act – We are empowered to act, and act in a powerful way
Act Responsibly – We are responsible for our actions and the consequences they have for our stakeholders and our environment
Make it Fun! – We are serious about making work fun; it’s the way we do things