Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Engineer, Embedded Firmware Design
at Enphase Energy
This position is within our Software Engineering group, where you will work with a small team to develop fully functional prototypes to demonstrate new advanced operation and control for autonomous grid connection, management and regulation.
- Design and implement embedded software for real time operation and control.
- Simulating new algorithms for autonomous micro grid power flow management
- Develop unit and system test software
- Validate algorithms using system simulation tools
- Working with hardware engineers to test and troubleshoot prototype designs.
Skills and Qualifications
- BSCE/BSEE required.
- 5+ yrs experience developing high volume production firmware
- Expertise in C++, C, and Assembly for real time applications with exposure to interrupt service and drivers in embedded software control highly desirable.
- Experience in developing, testing, and debugging bank switched 8051 assembly projects highly desired.
- Able to understand and implement digital signal processing (DSP) concepts in a microprocessor environment.
- Familiar with evaluating CPU versus hardware processing requirements and trade-offs for cost effective designs.
- Ability to troubleshoot firmware related issues within complex systems.
- Ability to unit test code and hardware both with and without external test equipment such as oscilloscope, power meter, etc.
- Familiarity with software development processes. E.g. Agile, Structured, Object Oriented, etc.
- Familiarity with development tools such as Keil, GCC, GDB, Eclipse, GNU Make, etc.
- Familiarity with software code management tools such as GIT, Mercurial, etc.
- Able to carry a design task from concept to implementation.
- Ability to document engineering requirements, document solutions, and test new firmware designs.
- Experience with power electronic systems would be an advantage.
- Experience with solar inverters would be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Python for test automation would be an advantage.
- Experience with 32-bit ARM processors and 8-bit 8051processors would be an advantage.
- Experience with UL1741, IEEE1547 and other solar related standards would be a definite advantage.