Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manufacturing Test Engineer, Electronics
at Enphase Energy
By combining the power of solar energy and the proven advantages of communications technology, Enphase Energy makes solar power systems productive, reliable, smart and safe - increasing the energy harvest of solar systems by up to 25 percent. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and as a result, changing the solar industry itself.
We are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who design, develop, and manufacture next generation energy technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
Do you want to help change the world? Read on…
Enphase is introducing a new technology called Ensemble which allows seamless operation of energy resources such as inverters, storage systems, and loads to operate in a microgrid environment whether connected to a grid or not. This technology allows us to meet predefined Quality of Service specification and Economic objectives.
This new architecture means that we have an opportunity to completely rethink the architecture of our test environment. The Test Engineer is responsible for being the team leader for Manufacturing test process development from NPI through EOL to ensure it meets the highest quality standards in the industry. You will work closely with these test organizations to ensure a seamless strategy:
- Design verification – Confirm that a new product design meets requirements
- Compliance – Certify that our products meet compliance standards
- Reliability – Warrant product is reliable over its lifetime
- System verification – Validate that Enphase products interoperate as a system
The job consists of understanding the basic technology, understanding the needs of each of the groups and coordinate development of a test framework that can be used for all these functions with a maximum amount of reuse while fulfilling vastly different goals of the Enphase manufacturing test hardware and software to be deployed at Enphase’s various production facilities. Enphase’s products often carry relatively long warranty in the field, therefore our manufacturing process and test must support the quality required. This often results in unique product features, disciplined manufacturing processes, and rigorous testing.
What you can look forward to:
- Working with geographically dispersed teams consisting of Electronics Hardware Engineers, Software Engineers and Engineering Technicians
- Evaluating Marketing and Engineering Requirement Documents to develop robust Test Requirements that drive reliability while reducing the cost of test
- Evaluating applicable standards for each product and designing test platforms to implement required testing
- Developing and documenting test system design and maintenance routines, including calibration, replacement schedule, repeatability test, etc.
- Coordinating closely with the Mfg. SW Development Team to design and ensure a fault-tolerant test system
- Maintaining, debugging and supporting the production facilities where the test systems are deployed
- Driving closed loop response to factory and field failures (RMA) by identifying test gaps and opportunities
What you typically need to do it well:
- B.S./M.S. in Electrical or Systems Engineering, or other suitable educational background or work experience
- 5+ years of experience designing, deploying and maintaining test equipment and fixtures for a production environment
- Experience leading testing teams in developing test platforms
- Strong Python programming skills and use of SVN tools (Mercurial or Git)
- Database experience (SQL or similar)
- Expertise with power electronics
- Extensive experience with rack and stack test platforms
- Knowledge of battery chemistry and technology is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills