Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Middle School Girls Assistant Coach (2020-2021)
at Elgin ISD
Job Reference #: 1646
Openings as of 7/11/2020
- Middle School Girls Assistant Coach (2020-2021) JobID: 1646
- Position Type:
Athletics/Middle School Girls Coach
- Date Posted:
Elgin Middle School
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in the sport assigned.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and implement instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis. Model performance criteria and physical movements required for successful student performance of sport.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Work with athletic director to schedule competitions and plan season activities including practices, special events, and tournaments.
- Coordinate with transportation department for travel arrangements to out-of-town events. (Drive bus to transport student to out-of-district competitions (optional)).
- Ensure compliance with all UIL rules.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extracurricular participation.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of coaching program and make changes based on findings.
- Accompany and supervise student athletes during athletic competitions in assigned sports both at-home and on out-of-town trips.
- Instruct and advise students on NCAA regulations with regard to academic requirements for scholarships and recruiting practices.
- Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Encourage, by example and through instruction, sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Assist in selection of equipment and instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Initiate and approve purchase orders and bids in accordance with budgetary limitations and district policies.
- Oversee process of cleaning, repairing, and storing all campus athletic equipment and maintain a current inventory of all equipment and fixed assets within program.
Coach (+Academic Assignment)Provide instruction and coach students to develop skills and ability to excel in assigned sport(s) in addition to meeting the requirements of the academic assignment. Contribute to education program as a whole and to growth of students involved in athletics.
Reports to: Principal and Athletic Director
Reports to: Principal and Athletic Director
Valid Texas teaching certificate
Current automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate
Clear and valid Texas commercial driver’s license with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsements (preferred)
Knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures
Knowledge of University Interscholastic League (UIL) rules
Ability to instruct and supervise student athletes
Ability to pass U.S. Department of Transportation alcohol and drug tests and annual physical (include if bus driving duties are required)
Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Four years experience as coach or participant in sport assigned
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Assign and oversee completion of the work of assistant coaches and student athletic assistants.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Athletic equipment, standard office equipment including computer and peripherals, and other instructional equipment; automated external defibrillator (AED); operate school bus
Posture: Prolonged standing; kneeling, squatting, bending, and stooping; frequent driving; moderate grasping/squeezing, wrist flexion/extension, and reaching
Motion: Frequent walking and physical movements associated with sport(s) assigned
Lifting: Frequently light lifting (less than 15 pounds); occasional moderate lifting or carrying (15-44 pounds)
Environment: Work outside (exposure to sun, heat, cold, and inclement weather) and inside; frequent exposure to noise; frequent districtwide and statewide travel; frequent prolonged and irregular hours; moderate exposure to vehicle fumes and work around moving vehicles
Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.