Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Elgin ISD
Openings as of 7/16/2020
- Librarian JobID: 1673
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Neidig Elementary School Primary Purpose:
- Provide group instruction and individual guidance to students and other library users to help them locate resources and use research techniques. Serve as an information resource for users of library/media center materials.
- Work with teachers to convey appropriate use of materials and help schedule materials for classroom instructional use. Encourage the appropriate use of video programing and other media for educational purposes.
- Design, develop, and present staff development for teachers on the availability and use of campus and district learning resources.
- Plan and implement an effective school library program that meets identified needs and create a library/media center environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity level and interests of students.
- Make recommendations for acquisitions and manage the the processing, organizing, distribution, maintenance, and inventory of library/media resources.
- Assist teachers in preparation of bibliographies and curriculum guides.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date resource files including instructional program schedules and other community resources.
- Use appropriate and effective techniques to encourage community and parent involvement.
- Develop and coordinate a continuing evaluation of the library/media center program and make changes based on the findings.
- Carry out student discipline in accordance with board policies and administrative regulations.
- Compile, budget and cost estimates based on documented program needs.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
- Comply with federal and state laws, State Board of Education rule, and board policy. Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
Direct the operation of the school library/media center. Provide services and resources that allow students to develop skills in locating, evaluating, synthesizing, and using information to solve problems. Serve as teacher, materials expert, and curriculum adviser to ensure that library/media center is involved in instructional programs of the school.
Master’s degree from accredited college or university (for individuals certified after January 23, 2001)
Valid Texas school librarian certificate or endorsement
Knowledge of library and information science
Ability to instruct and manage student behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Experience: 3 years experience in library/media center in public school setting
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct the work of clerical aide(s), student aides, and volunteers.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Tools/Equipment Used: Standard office equipment including computer and peripherals; standard library equipment including imaging equipment; standard instruction equipment
Posture: Regular sitting, standing, kneeling, squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
Motion: Repetitive hand motions; frequent keyboarding and use of mouse; regular overhead reaching; climbing ladders
Lifting: Frequent light lifting and carrying (under 15 pounds); occasional moderate lifting and carrying (15–44 pounds)
Environment: Work inside; work alone; exposure to biological and chemical hazards such as mold and dust
Mental Demands: Work with frequent interruption; maintain emotional control under stress
This document describes the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.