Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ACE Youth Care Worker
at Elgin ISD
Job Reference #: 1165
Openings as of 3/23/2019
- ACE Youth Care Worker JobID: 1165
- Position Type:
Paraprofessional/ACE Staffer PT
- Date Posted:
TBD Reports to: ACE Site Coordinator
- High school diploma or GED (recognized by the Texas Education Agency or a regional accrediting agency) or higher; and
- Candidate must have satisfactory outcome of fingerprinting background check.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of individuals in a professional manner.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions with limited supervision.
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school/department environment.
- Ability to work as a member of a team to provide assistance to campus and staff.
- Keep supervisor apprised of daily progress on assigned tasks.
- Perform required duties according to standard practices.
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Follow district guidelines in maintaining a neat and orderly work environment and confidentiality.
- Support mission of school district by serving as a positive role model for students.
- Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations, including attendance, punctuality and confidentiality.
- Use effective communication skills with district personnel.
- Punctuality and dependability are essential functions of the job.
- Ability to demonstrate the following core values: integrity, high expectations, commitment, respect, dedication to teamwork and passion for a student centered environment.
Description: Support the goals of the assigned campus/department and perform routine assigned tasks under the direction and supervision of the ACE Site Coordinator. Part-Time work schedule will not exceed twenty hours a week.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:(The following statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions that may be assigned or skills that may be required.)
Qualities of an Effective Part-Time Employee:
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Equipment Used: Calculator, Computer, printer, copier, fax, multiline telephone, and other equipment applicable to position or assigned task.Working Conditions:
Mental Demands/Physical Demands:
Maintain emotional control under stress; work with frequent interruptions; frequent walking, standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing; lift/carry 10-25 pounds frequently, 25-40 pounds occasionally, more than 45 pounds infrequently with assistance; pushing/pulling 10-35 pounds sporadically.
Frequent exposure to: work indoors and outdoors in varying climate conditions (hot and cold), humidity extremes, noise, low or intense illumination, vibration.