D&S Community Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Help Desk Specialist
at D&S Community Services
Essential Job Functions:
Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data is required. Requires more advanced technical skills, such as system repair, crash analysis, and systems needs analysis.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk tool.
- Monitor helpdesk tool for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software.
- Document internal procedures.
- Provide onboarding orientation and support for new users.
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment.
- Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses.
- Report issues for escalation.
- Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees using standard hardware, images and software.
- Assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required.