D&S Community Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DSP - Medical Assistant
at D&S Community Services
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 51c0de65-0650-4fa3-9e87-69f04cbe6637
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow up with doctors on labs/orders and follow up appointments.
- Maintain medical appointment calendar for consumers.
- Schedule doctor appointments, as requested.
- Print reports & assist with data entry to BOW as needed.
- Provide filing assistance and maintain office files, including general office files and consumer charts as needed.
- Must maintain confidentiality.
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully with others, to exercise good judgment, to understand and follow written and oral instructions, and to express ideas clearly, both verbally and in writing, in English.
- Ability to be calm in stressful situations.
- Must be able to follow oral and written direction.
- Must be able to adjust in changing priorities and the various details of the job.
- Must maintain a punctual and good attendance record.
- Physically able to perform the essential functions of the job as described in the essential duties and responsibilities sections including; walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, sitting, reaching overhead and lifting up to thirty (30) pounds.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- One year of administrative experience
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, if applicable.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (read, write and understand) in English.
- Must have good recordkeeping skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft office applications.
- Criminal history must meet or exceed company standards at the time of hire and be maintained at this level throughout employment.