Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory Consultant - Cyber Risk (Full-Time) - Austin
Have a passion for solving the toughest problems? Our clients are large, complex organizations that constantly evolve and innovate to build better products and services, and serve their customers and constituents in new ways. In the process, they encounter new cyber risks and an increasingly sophisticated cyber threat terrain. The work we do to help them address cyber risk is increasingly important to their success – and to the strength of the economy and public security.
Work You'll Do
As a Cyber Risk Consultant, you'll work with our diverse teams of leading professionals to help design and implement solutions to some of today's toughest cybersecurity challenges so they can achieve business growth and manage reputational risk. You'll build on your foundations in Information Technology and Business to design and implement business-aligned cyber risk management programs, processes, and systems that help clients focus their investments on key information technology risks.
Specific areas of work could include:
• Deploying various technologies to establish data privacy and security controls
• Helping to improve application security
• Managing system and software vulnerabilities
• Establishing methods for securing connected or “smart” devices
• Developing advanced cyber monitoring and security analytics solutions
• Establishing cyber crisis management capabilities
• Designing and delivering business-focused cyber wargames to prepare our clients with advanced techniques for responding to continually evolving cyber-attacks
• Providing cyber forensics and incident response support
At Deloitte we view cyber risk as primarily a business challenge. Understanding that even the most well-secured clients will occasionally experience serious cyber incidents, we developed the Secure.Vigilant.Resilient.™ framework to help them take a more comprehensive approach so they can thrive, even in the face of escalating threats. It takes advanced technologies to address cyber risk, but it also takes strong threat awareness and analytic capabilities, solid preparedness to respond to a crisis, and strong leadership and governance processes to keep things focused on what really matters to the organization. Deloitte stands out as one of the few firms that can offer our clients the full range of capabilities needed to build comprehensive cyber risk programs. Every year we serve hundreds of clients across every major industry sector. Our Cyber Risk Services teams work at both the C-suite level, and the technology operations level. This broad vantage point enables us to offer the most informed, innovative advisory services. By joining our team, you'll be part of developing the future state of cyber risk solutions. Learn more about our Cyber Risk Services practice.
• Bachelor or Master of Science/Business Administration with a concentration in computer science, information systems, information security, math, decision sciences, risk management, engineering (mechanical, electrical, industrial) or other business/technology disciplines
• Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects/assignments/responsibilities in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated leadership and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Travel up to 80% may be required, dependent on role and location
• Strong academic track record (minimum GPA of 3.2)
• Relevant work experience or work experience in a professional environment (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs)
How you'll grow
Through your variety of experiences at Deloitte, you will have the opportunity to develop analytical, communication, and leadership skills that can help you achieve your full potential, no matter what career path you eventually choose. You will be continually challenged by your clients, your team members, and your peers. Along the way, you will have access to mentoring, counseling, and training opportunities to help foster and accelerate your development of new skills and capabilities. For new campus hires, we offer extensive onboarding and new hire training to help you hit the ground running. You'll travel to Deloitte University for national new hire training that includes technical and soft skills training, as well as invaluable networking opportunities. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.