Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BlackBerry Cylance is seeking a talented Software Engineer - Python SME to build and expand our growing ecosystem of research focused services. You'll be joining our research engineering team and working on building our micro services to support threat research and machine learning model building. You'll also research new technologies to improve existing systems and design new ones.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop global scale RESTful APIs
- Architecting and deploying containerized services
- Implementing reliabile, performant and scalable services
- Have an allergic reaction to the words "defer" and "works on my box"
- Be a strong team player and work well within a diverse, cross-functional team
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years of software development/administration experience on a Unix-like system
- Mastery of Python3 for building microservices
- Experience with Docker and developing services that run within containers.
- Experience with Postgres
- Experience with AWS Services to include ECS, RDS, EC2, S3
- Experience with RabbitMQ
- SDLC, source control, unit testing, agile development methodologies
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude
- Well versed with git source control
- Experience with refactoring legacy code
- Ability to describe technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with little to no supervision
- Self-motivated and driven to solve hard problems
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach
- Strong desire to create readable, testable, maintainable code
- Understand concepts of loose coupling when designing and developing software systems
ABOVE AND BEYOND
- Experience with streaming architectures (Kafka/Kinesis)
- Experience with Jenkins, Terraform
- Open source code portfolios
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU TO APPLY
- Current resume
- Cover letter/summary expressing:
- Why you are interested in working at BlackBerry Cylance
- The skills, strengths and expertise you will contribute to our diverse team of extraordinary talent and humble hearts
Job Family Group Name:Product Development
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Ranked #10 on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, a ranking of the 500 fastest growing technology companies in North America, BlackBerryCylance® a subsidiary of BlackBerry, is revolutionizing cyber security with products and services that proactively prevent, rather than re-actively detect the execution of advanced persistent threats and malware. Our technology is deployed on over four million endpoints and protects hundreds of enterprise clients worldwide including Fortune 100 organizations and government institutions.
BlackBerry (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) is a trusted security software and services company that provides enterprises and governments with the technology they need to secure the Internet of Things. Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, the company is unwavering in its commitment to safety, cybersecurity and data privacy, and leads in key areas such as artificial intelligence, endpoint security and management, encryption and embedded systems. You couldn’t choose a more exciting time to consider joining us! For more information, visit BlackBerry.com and follow @BlackBerry.
©2019 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran Disabled
BlackBerry strives to create an accessible and inclusive application and selection process and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants who may require provisions to participate in the selection process. Should you require an accommodation, please contact email@example.com to discuss your needs.