Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Control Inspector
- Job ID
- Job Location
- # of Openings
- Quality Control
Is This The Role For You?
We hire smart people with big hearts. People who have a passion for their work and who strive every day to help others. Our work requires bold and innovative leaders; people who bring strong values and ethics to their role.
If you’re ready for a career that allows you to grow and develop into the professional you want to be – today and in the future….CryoLife is the place for you.
The QC Inspector inspects components and /or inspection equipment visually and dimensionally for conformance to specification while following written guidelines in one or more of the following areas; X-Ray, Metallography, Dye-Penetrant, Receiving Inspection QC, Dimensional (CMM), and Calibration.
- Perform x-ray inspection of carbon coated components and graphite materials, and develop x-ray film. Inspect film for coating thickness.
- Perform dye penetrant inspection of carbon coated components. Monitor and maintain penetrant process materials to assure consistent sensitivity levels.
- Perform metallographic sectioning of components using precision diamond blade saw and embedding specimens in epoxy mounts. Prepare metallographic mounts to specified levels of flatness and polish. Visually inspect and perform micro-hardness tests on mounts.
- Perform visual and dimensional (CMM) inspection on components and subassemblies utilizing various precision equipment.
- Perform quarantine and receiving inspection of incoming raw materials, controlled manufacturing materials, machined components, labeling instrumentation, and packaging materials. Inspect for conformance to specifications.
- Verify all equipment used is currently calibrated if required.
- Review processing and inspection data for completeness of operations, accuracy of data, traceability of product and materials, and disposition of non-conforming product.
- Assist in training QC personnel as required.
- Maintain documentation of all functions
- Monitor and maintain processing materials and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: (a) can get along with co-workers or peers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; (b) respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
- Manage time effectively
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, previous experience with quality systems is desirable
- Ability to read blueprints or training in mechanical drawing
- Reading and understanding written data and instruction
- Good or corrected eyesight for visual inspection and microscope use
- Good manual dexterity for handling small parts
- Ability to tolerate use of acetone and reagent alcohol
- Ability to assist in training other inspectors as needed
- Organized work habits and attention to detail are a must
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Required to read, write and speak English with good command of the language, follow verbal and written instructions and use simple math
Who We Are.
CryoLife is one of the world’s leading contemporary medical device companies whose technology and products bring restoration and hope to people all around the world. With a variety of innovative products and technologies available, including preserved human cardiac and vascular tissues, surgical adhesives and sealants, and mechanical heart valves, our mission is to restore the health of patients by delivering innovative technologies of unsurpassed quality. Since our inception in 1984, it is estimated that our products and tissues have been implanted in over 1 million patients worldwide. Headquartered in Kennesaw, Georgia, CryoLife employs over one thousand people from various education and experiential backgrounds across the United States and internationally.
CryoLife is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
CryoLife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Physical Environment & Reasonable Accommodations
While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
- Talk, hear, sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities
- Lifting and bending forward with a load of 35 lbs.
- Good or corrected eyesight and good eye/hand coordination
- Sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to environment such as cooler temperatures, noise, dust, odors, etc.
CryoLife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations both in the application and interview process, consistent with legal requirements. If you need a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please email ADA_Accommodation@CryoLife.com or call 770-429-5215. A Human Resources representative will return your call. Messages or emails for any reason other than accommodation requests will not be returned.