Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- Job Location
- # of Openings
Is This The Role For You?
We hire smart people with big hearts. People who have a passion for their work and who strive every day to help others. Our work requires bold and innovative leaders; people who bring strong values and ethics to their role.
If you’re ready for a career that allows you to grow and develop into the professional you want to be – today and in the future….CryoLife is the place for you.
Provide comprehensive engineering support for a range of products through all phases of product development and manufacturing; bring new products on-line insuring desired functionality, efficient manufacture, and regulatory compliance; refine existing product processing to increase efficiency while maintaining required quality requirements; and troubleshoot and resolve production problems for assigned products.
- Interface with Production, Product Development and other appropriate functions to fully understand and suggest improvements to functionality, performance, and safety requirements of assigned products.
- Support new product introduction schedule and activities, and coordinate and manage cross-product issues throughout the product life cycle.
- Identify, evaluate, and coordinate the development and implementation of new product manufacturing processes.
- Work jointly with other functions to assure that required manufacturing and inspection steps for successful & efficient production of assigned products are properly defined, integrated, implemented, and validated.
- Design, provide or review needed engineering drawings, specifications, procedures, methods, tooling, fixturing, or gaging for processing and inspecting assigned products.
- Determine disposition of discrepant materials or components.
- Ensure acceptable raw materials and components required for supporting in-house production levels are received. This includes identifying new vendors and communicating engineering, quality, delivery, and regulatory requirements.
- Analyze Manufacturing related problems of assigned products and propose and coordinate implementation of solutions.
- Develop, review, and update risk assessment for assigned products.
- Suggest and implement production changes to reduce cycle times and enhance yields.
- Coordinate activities with manufacturing subcontractors to define and design processes and optimize results.
- Communicate technical product status to management, to include yield and quality issues.
- Provide various product cost and implementation schedules.
- Design and optimize substrate designs for carbon coated components.
- Travel to vendors, trade shows and between CryoLife facilities, possibly overseas.
Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree, preferable of a technical or manufacturing nature
- Minimum 4 years experience encompassing Engineering and Product Design, experience with Medical Devices or other closely regulated products preferred
- Needs to be knowledgeable in A.N.S.I. drawing standards, CAD, mfg. processes, process control, engineering economics and project scheduling
- Strong understanding of risk assessment and FMEA
- Demonstrated ability to take various designs into production
- Experience with label and IFU design, including coordinating translations, preferred
- Green Belt in 5S/Lean Manufacturing preferred
- Self-starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to read, analyze, interpret and follow written instructions
- Ability to interpret and follow oral instructions
- Required to read, write and speak English with good command of the language, and use moderately complex math
- Strong computer skills including at minimum, be adept in use of MS Office, internet, and electronic mail
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Employees in this classification must maintain insurability during the term of employment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must be willing to submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Good communication skills preferred
Who We Are.
CryoLife is one of the world’s leading contemporary medical device companies whose technology and products bring restoration and hope to people all around the world. With a variety of innovative products and technologies available, including preserved human cardiac and vascular tissues, surgical adhesives and sealants, and mechanical heart valves, our mission is to restore the health of patients by delivering innovative technologies of unsurpassed quality. Since our inception in 1984, it is estimated that our products and tissues have been implanted in over 1 million patients worldwide. Headquartered in Kennesaw, Georgia, CryoLife employs over one thousand people from various education and experiential backgrounds across the United States and internationally.
CryoLife is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
CryoLife provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
CryoLife is committed to providing reasonable accommodations both in the application and interview process, consistent with legal requirements. If you need a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please email ADA_Accommodation@CryoLife.com or call 770-429-5215. A Human Resources representative will return your call. Messages or emails for any reason other than accommodation requests will not be returned.