Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Crossover Health
HEALTH COACH RESPONSIBILITIES
The Health Coach utilizes a collaborative process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, to engage, educate, promote, and influence members in decisions related to achieving and maintaining optimal health status. Wellness coaches use evidence-based behavioral change techniques to help members achieve healthy lifestyle changes, align behaviors with their personal wellness goals, and design a realistic action plan in support of a healthier lifestyle. The Health Coach will deliver, measure, and improve a high quality coaching program for employees as part of an integrated, comprehensive primary care model. This is a 2 day a week opportunity.
• Deliver work-site wellness coaching program at client location as well as conduct individual health coaching, group sessions, and other program events.
• Assist members in weight management, stress management, tobacco cessation, nutrition, physical activity and other healthy lifestyle behavior change programs. Provide lifestyle recommendations for healthy behavior changes according to established protocols.
• Identify co-morbid conditions, hospitalizations, prescriptions, and other factors that could impact the coaching and support needs of the member outside the scope of the health coaching program with appropriate referrals to other client programs.
• Support collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to ensure on-going program development and to identify educational and nutritional needs of patients with medically related conditions.
• Provide coaching to patients participating in the program to reduce high risk behaviors
• A coach must be able to listen and discover what motivates the patient in order to have the patient adopt habits that are conducive to a high quality of life as well as accept individual ownership for health choices.
• Coaches review the care plan with the patient, including medications and diet restrictions. Coaches also stay in touch with patients virtually to check progress, including appropriate followups.
• RD designate strongly preferred.
• Health Coaching certificate from recognized credentialing organization.
• Minimum of three to five years experience working in an out-patient primary care setting as a health coach. Work-site health experience is highly preferred.
• Knowledge and proficiency in current, evidence-based methods of health coaching including motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapy with an emphasis on health promotion and risk reduction.
• Superior leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time-management, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate, problem solve and work effectively with people while using good judgment in new and challenging situations.
• Proficiency in the use of computer software, including: Apple Pages, Keynote, and Numbers.
• Previous experience with electronic health records valuable, but not essential.