Community Options, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Community Options, Inc.
Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 11 states.
As a consulting Registered Dietitian with Community Options, you will provide nutrition counseling, education, as well as develop menus based on special dietary needs for participants enrolled in the Healthy Living Made Simple course, comprised of individuals with developmental disabilities, as well as staff and community members. The class is designed to help individuals with diabetes gain control of their conditions. You will meet with all 30 participants one-on-one or in small groups, based on class members’ preferences.
- Bachelor's Degree in nutrition and dietetics or related field; Master's Degree preferred.
- Completed a verifiable internship and has passed a national registration exam from the American Dietetic Association (ADA).
- Current Licensed Dietitian in the State of South Carolina.
- Valid Driver's License
- Some knowledge of sanitation and food safety essential.
- In-depth knowledge of special diets essential.
- In-depth knowledge of nutritional requirements of developmental disabilities preferred.
- Provide advice and educate individuals about nutrition, as well as its effect on health and eating the right types of food.
- Make dietary recommendations where required.
- Provide counseling to participants about their diets.
- Study the nutritional value of food and how it is used by the body.
- Prepare menus for participants, incorporating individuals’ needs and dietary restrictions.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Resumes-AU@comop.org
Please Visit Our Website to Complete an Online Application!
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer