Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Swim Coach in TX-Austin-Lost Creek Country Club at Clubcorp
at Clubcorp Inc
Job DescriptionJob Summary
Swim Coach - (201442 )
The Lost Creek Cruzers swim team is a member of the Austin Hills Swim League and is a summer recreational swim team that operates from March 24 through June 22. The team has approximately 200 members, ages 5 to 15, ranging in abilities from rookies to seasoned veterans. Practices are in the afternoons until school ends in late May (approximately 3:30-6:30pm) and in the mornings (approximately 8:30-11:30am) through the end of the season (June 22), with weekly dual swim meets on Friday evenings or Saturday mornings May 8 through June 20, and a League Championship on June 22. The team is lead by the Aquatics Director and Head Coach, with direction and assistance from a parent board. We strive to provide a positive team-oriented environment with an emphasis on teaching and developing the skills needed to compete in the summer season, with the end goal of fostering a love for the sport of swimming.
This job is approximately 15-25 hours per week, March 24 through June 22.
Additional opportunities are available during the summer season for qualified applicants for teaching private swim lessons for additional compensation.
- Assist with swim practices, swim meets, and team events
- Assist in the setup of the pool for swim meets
- Ensuring swimmer safety at all times
- Other duties as assigned
- Promote the programs and the Club, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and service that aligns with the values, philosophies, and standards of the club
- Previous coaching experience required, preferably at least one season with a summer league team or teaching swim lessons for at least one year
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Experience as a summer league, high school, or club swimmer is preferred
- Previous experience working with children ages 5 to 15
- Current First Aid and CPR/AED certifications are required; Lifeguard certification is preferred
- Professional manner and appearance required at all times
Work Locations:Lost Creek Country Club, 2612 Lost Creek Blvd., Austin, TX, 78746