City of San Marcos
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of San Marcos
- JOB SUMMARY
Under the supervision of the Housing and Community Development Manager, the Housing Coordinator provides community development services for the following U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development programs: Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR), HOME Investment Partnership Program, and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG).
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DECISION MAKING
- Facilitates community outreach for Community Development Programs.
- Determines Applicant Eligibility for the HOME program, CDBG-DR, and CDBG programs.
- Provides on-going case management including the determination of type of assistance and appropriate level of assistance, and provision of assistance for applicants through the conclusion of the applicant's case.
- Prepares and submits environmental reviews.
- Procures pre-construction and construction contractors.
- Conducts oversight of construction contractors.
- Prepares and completes all required federal reporting.
- Utilizes the HUD IDIS system for performance reporting.
- Collects, analyzes data and prepares weekly, quarter, and annual progress reports.
- Supports the operations of the CDBG-DR and CDBG programs.
- Performs Community Initiative related activities as assigned.
- Ability to use education and experience to implement the HOME program, CDBG-DR activities, and CDBG activities in accordance with federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks for the, HOME, CDBG-DR, and CDBG.
- Ability to utilize judgement in determining eligible applicants, determining type of assistance and appropriate levels of assistance for applicants, coordinating contractors and providing relocation benefits, procurement of contractors, construction contractor management, analyzing and preparing reports.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Salary is dependent upon qualifications)
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Sociology, Business, or closely related field.
- Two (2) years of work experience in community development.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License with an acceptable driving record.
- CORE COMPETENCIES AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Working knowledge of HOME Investment Partnership Program, Community Development Block Grant-Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR), and Community Development Block Grant (CDBG).
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required; must be able to maintain positive working relationships with City officials/departments, applicants, contractors, community groups, and the public.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software programs and federal Internet applications.
Physical Demands AND Working Conditions:
Physical requirements include lifting up to 30 pounds occasionally. Subject to vision constantly; standing, sitting and walking frequently; lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, reaching, handling, fine dexterity, balancing, hearing, talking and foot controls; kneeling, crouching, crawling, bending, twisting and climbing rarely.