City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Water Quality Inspector
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Positions in the Water Services Department (WSD) may be assigned to perform activities for highly regulated permitting and compliance programs relative to drinking water, wastewater, stormwater, industrial pretreatment compliance, commercial inspections, and field sampling and monitoring. Specific duties are dependent on programs to which the position is assigned. Currently there are vacancies in the Environmental Services Division (ESD) of the Water Services Department. These positions work in regulatory compliance programs in conjunction with other ESD Sections, WSD Divisions, and City Departments to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal standards for stormwater, wastewater, and drinking water.
Only candidates with government regulatory enforcement, inspection and permitting experience in water, wastewater, or storm drain systems inspections should apply in this recruitment. Candidates without these qualifications should review the recruitment for Water Quality Inspector ($39,541- $53,165) job listing #27347
First review of resumes will occur June 4, 2018. Recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$21.61 (minimum) - $28.69 (maximum) hourly / $44,949- $59,675 annually. Appointment can be made above the minimum depending on qualifications.
Comprehensive benefits package includes: 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, 15 sick days, free bus/light rail pass, traditional pension and 457/401 plans, tuition reimbursement upon hire, choice of Blue Cross/Blue Shield or Cigna HMO, PPO. For more details, visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Benefit%20Category/002.pdf
- Three years of technical experience performing water quality inspections as a primary function of your job which includes one year each in two different functional areas of water, wastewater, or storm drain systems sampling, monitoring, or inspecting, and some public contact work,
- Two years of college level courses in science, engineering, or related field.
- Basic computer skills including working with environmental compliance databases.
- Working irregular hours, second and/or third shifts, weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
- Working in confined spaces, climbing ladders, working at heights or depths greater than 10 feet may be required.
- Moving objects weighing up to 50 pounds short distances (20 feet or less).
- Positions in this classification require the use of personal or City vehicles on City business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess an appropriate valid Arizona driver's license, possess personal insurance coverage, and have an acceptable driving record.
- Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum qualifications may be substituted.
Only the highest qualified may will be posted to the eligible to hire list.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME,
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please visit: https://www.phoenix.gov/hrsite/Documents/Talent-Acquisition/Employment-Information.pdf
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Senior Water Quality Inspector, JC: 51210, ID#27349, 05/21/18, 6m, CH, Benefits: Unit 2, Q
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer; our employees demonstrate superior seamless customer service, integrity, and commitment to innovation, efficiency, and fiscally responsible activity.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.