City of Georgetown, Texas
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recreation Assistant- Temp/On Call - Garey Park
at City of Georgetown, Texas
- Position Summary
Performs customer service duties at assigned area. Monitors activities of park users, issues equipment and provides park, facility and membership information to customers.
- Provides customer service to all park users for assigned area.
- Able to work with a rotating schedule with the ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Registers participants and members for activities, programs and services; collects pay for fees and memberships and reconciles receipts and cash register at the end of shift.
- Processes member and pass-holder paperwork, including address changes, member cancellations, new members, electronic funds transfers and payments.
- Monitors activities offered through the City Parks & Recreation Department to ensure compliance with rules and policies and safety guidelines.
- Issues and checks ID cards and park passes.
- Distributes recreation equipment to customers.
- Opens and closes park or assigned area according to established policies and procedures.
- Responds to inquiries and/or complaints from citizens and contract instructors.
- Completes reports and forms including incident/accident and facility tracking reports.
- Assists other staff members with computer input for programs, filing of forms, and flyer distribution.
- Performs routine maintenance and cleaning in and around assigned area.
- Participates and assists with monthly special events and programs (evenings & weekends) or other duties as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements
High school graduate, or equivalent. Six months of customer service or public contact. OR Any combination of experience, education and/or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Cash handling skills, preferred
- Knowledge of:
- CPR, First Aid, AED procedures.
- Customer service practices and procedures.
- Money handling practices and procedures.
- City policies and procedures.
- Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Working well with adults and children.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Monitoring center health and safety compliance policies and procedures.
- Resolving customer complaints and concerns.
- Taking messages and writing reports.
- Performing basic math calculations to make change.
- Certification(s)/Licenses Required
Valid Class C Texas driver's license or must obtain within 30 days of hire date.
CPR, First Aid, AED certification or must obtain within six months of hire date.