Cirrus Logic, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Validation Tools Engineer DT-4441
at Cirrus Logic, inc.
You will help develop software tools for the pre-silicon emulation / post-silicon validation team focused on bringing leading edge mixed signal chips to market. Our high-performance chips enable an incredible user experience with highly integrated, platform level functionality while delivering the lowest power consumption and the highest efficiency.
- Primarily using NI LabVIEW, you will build and support our custom silicon test framework and tools used by a large team of silicon validation engineers
- You will architect, develop, integrate and test embedded software in a regulated product development process
- You will train other team members on consistent software development methodologies promote consistent use of these methodologies throughout the team
- Capture user feedback across multiple teams, distill use cases, and implement features satisfying a broad range of user experiences
- Actively seek out inefficiencies in the validation process and propose ideas to reduce test development and execution times
- Collaborate closely with 3rd party contractors and internal authorities to coordinate developer efforts into cohesive development process
- Create software architecture documents for use by other developers to implement features
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 5 - 7 years of experience in related field OR Master of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 3 - 5 years of experience
- Strong expertise in LabVIEW object-oriented programming; Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) level of knowledge, but official certification not required
- Expertise in test automation and scripting/programming languages such as Python, MATLAB, C, or similar
- Skill and experience with NI TestStand for test execution
- SQL query and relation database table experience
- General electrical engineering knowledge in analog, digital, power electronics or audio engineering. This includes mixed signal building blocks such as ADC, DAC, PLLs, amplifiers, or signal processing components
- Ambitious with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail are highly valued as you will need to understand hardware and software interactions
- Highly dynamic, upbeat and driven personality with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and the ability to work across functional groups and organization
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers for measurement and debugging issues
- Proven aptitude in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, I2S, TDM or high-speed control/data bus as examples
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.