Cirrus Logic, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Validation Engineer TS-4424
at Cirrus Logic, inc.
You will be a valued member of the pre-silicon emulation / post-silicon validation team focused on bringing leading edge Mixed Signal Audio chips to market. Our high performance chips enable an incredible audio experience with highly integrated, platform level functionality while delivering lowest power consumption and highest efficiency.
- You will develop and execute tests on the lab bench per the validation plan during pre-silicon and post-silicon phases of the product to ensure functionality and performance as per the datasheet
- Developing automated test framework and regression test suites to optimize validation efficiency
- You will be part of a team that designs mixed signal (measurement specific audio, power, ADC/DAC and digital circuits) board schematics and bring-up the platforms
- Collaborate closely with IC Design engineers, Systems engineers and Application engineers to understand requirements and use cases
- Debugging analog/digital silicon issues, board issues and Validation software/hardware tools issues
- Work with a validation team to implement standard methodologies and continuous improvements to Cirrus Logic validation methodologies
- Analyze test results and identify failures/defects using business analytics tools such as Spotfire
- Develop and work with supporting HW (FPGA, DSP, ARM, 8051, JTAG, debuggers) and SW (Scripting, Schematic capture, C, firmware) collaterals
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 2 – 5 years of experience OR Master of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 0 – 3 years of experience
- Experience with scripting or programming languages such as LabVIEW/TestStand, PYTHON or MATLAB.
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers or spectrum analyzers for measurement and debugging issues
- Strong electrical engineering knowledge in analog, digital, power electronics, signal processing and audio engineering. This includes understanding of mixed signal building blocks such as ADC, DAC, PLLs, amplifiers, signal processing algorithms and measurement methods as well as IC control/communication protocols
- Self-motivated with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail are highly valued as you will need to understand silicon, board and software interactions
- Highly dynamic, ambitious and driven personality with excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills and the ability to work across functional groups and organization
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in various automation framework hardware tools (FPGA, DSP, NI Data Acquisition) or software tools/languages (Scripting languages, SQL, test sequencers such as NI Teststand, Spotfire, schematic capture tools)
- Demonstrated aptitude in system understanding of various mixed signal circuits and signal processing methods
- Strong ability to solve measurement problems, develop new measurement methods and debug mixed signal circuits both at board and silicon level
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.