Cirrus Logic, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Validation Engineer HP-4502
at Cirrus Logic, inc.
You will be a valued member of the pre-silicon emulation / post-silicon validation team focused on bringing leading edge Mixed Signal Audio chips to market. Our high performance chips enable an incredible audio experience with highly integrated, platform level functionality while delivering lowest power consumption and highest efficiency.
- Design, develop, debug silicon validation board-level hardware and bring-up the platforms
- Debug analog/digital silicon issues, board issues and Validation software/hardware tools issues and find collaborative solutions to complex problems.
- Develop and execute tests on the lab bench per the validation plan during pre-silicon and post-silicon phases of the product to ensure functionality and performance as per the datasheet
- Think beyond the datasheet and around design corners to find elusive bugs. Able to think of test cases and customer usage model that may violate the assumptions of designers and systems engineers
- Develop automated test framework, regression test suites in MATLAB, Python and/or LabVIEW to optimize validation efficiency
- Work with validation peers to implement best practices and continuous improvements to Cirrus Logic validation methodologies
- Collaborate closely with IC Design engineers, Systems engineers and Application engineers to understand requirements and use cases
- Analyze test results and identify failures/defects using business intelligence tools such as Spotfire.
- Synthesize RTL designs targeted to custom Xilinx FPGA platforms, test and debug the FPGA model and perform full-chip emulation on FPGA platform
- Develop and work with supporting HW (FPGA, DSP, ARM, 8051, JTAG, debuggers) and SW (C, Assembly, scripts) collaterals
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 5 - 7 years of experience in related field OR Master of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering with 3 - 5 years of experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in specialized areas such as board hardware development, synthesis, Verilog, pre and/or post silicon validation, mixed-signal IP block design/validation, audio related signal processing and algorithm, validation related automation framework
- Expertise in Validation automation and scripting/programming languages such as MATLAB, LabVIEW, C, Python or similar
- Solid hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, audio analyzers, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers for measurement and debugging issues
- Sound electrical engineering knowledge in analog, digital, power electronics or audio engineering. This includes mixed signal building blocks such as ADC, DAC, PLLs, amplifiers, signal processing and measurement, IC control/communication protocols
- Self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail are highly valued as you will need to understand silicon, board and software interactions
- Highly dynamic, energetic and driven personality with excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work across functional groups and organization
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in various automation framework hardware tools (FPGA, DSP, NI Data Acquisition) or software tools/languages (Scripting languages, SQL, test sequencers such as NI Teststand, Spotfire, schematic capture tools)
- Demonstrated aptitude in system understanding of various industry interface standards such as I2C, SPI, USB, I2S, TDM or high-speed control/data bus as examples
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.