Cirrus Logic, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Engineer MEMS ML-4278
at Cirrus Logic, inc.
You will be responsible for defining microphone products to enable solutions for customer products by translating customer’s needs into detailed design and specifications. You will play a fundamental role in defining next-generation devices for Cirrus’ MEMS microphone business and ensuring that those devices meet customer requirements. This is a highly valued role that offers significant career advancement opportunities and considerable recognition while being part of a winning team.
- You will be collaborating with Tier 1 customers and our Marketing and Design/Development teams to define performance and functional requirements, feature set, and architecture definition for MEMS microphones involving hardware MEMS transducer, microphone ASICS, and advanced microphone packaging.
- Teaming to work on all product requirements such as customers' needs, hardware/firmware/algorithm requirements and partitioning, packaging options, etc.
- Considering design/system constraints and trades-offs and propose viable solutions.
- You will author, review, and update user documentation and communicate ideas and specifications to technical audiences (internal and external customers).
- You will be participating in MEMS transducer and ASIC architecture and design reviews, and board-level design reviews with design engineering, applications, validation and product test engineers.
- Performing thorough competitive analysis including lab investigations
- Participating in industry conferences and forums to ensure device compatibility with adopted standards.
- Travel approximately 2 – 5 weeks per year, both domestically and abroad, to interface directly with our customers.
- Autonomously lead meaningful customer- and project-related priorities.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in architecting, specifying, and designing mixed signal integrated circuits and firmware/software for applications in portable electronic products such as smartphones, tablets, wearables, hearables, etc.
- Experience with a wide range of applications/technology used in mobile products such as audio, MEMS, sensors, complex serial bus protocols, etc.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- MS in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience
- Experience with user experience(UX)/interface(UI) design in a MEMS digital microphone
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.