Cirrus Logic, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Supplier Quality Engineer JD-4159
at Cirrus Logic, inc.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, you will function as a senior technical liaison between quality, engineering, supply chain and suppliers to drive root cause resolution quality issues, implement and monitor advanced quality planning and process control, and provide technical support.
- Drive root cause resolution of supplier (foundry or assembly subcon) quality problems and coordinate/implement effective and timely permanent corrective actions and improvements
- Drive world-class quality performance of suppliers by conducting workshops at supplier locations, providing technical assistance in developing or improving quality and process control systems, or other technical support as required
- Function as liaison between quality, engineering, manufacturing and suppliers to resolve supplier quality issues and to provide technical support
- Communicate urgent issues to Quality Leadership
- Review/audit supplier manufacturing processes and quality systems
- Implement and monitor the product in manufacturing process with suppliers
- Assure supplier understanding of product and manufacturing requirements
- Review and approve supplier quality plans on new product programs
- Maintain required documentation and files
- May determine part critical characteristics and required process controls
- May review tool, fixture and product design
- Work with different suppliers and engineering organizations to assure commitments are met
- Communicate urgent issues to Supplier Quality Leadership
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 10+ years of technical experience in semiconductor fab or assembly manufacturing, quality or engineering
- High level of analytic ability to assess and identify appropriate alternative courses of action for definition and resolution of unique and diverse problems
- Capability to quickly drive suppliers to technical root cause resolution and permanent corrective action of complex issues either on-site ort remotely
- Knowledge semiconductor 0.18um – 28nm fab or advanced CSP assembly Process Integration
- Proficient oral and written communication skills, including coordinating multi-functional action teams
- Capability and desire for significant travel (both planned and unscheduled), especially to Asia
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Proven ability to investigate quality problems, apply sound technical judgment to develop possible solutions, and drive suppliers to implement improvement actions
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and assembly plant processes, procedures, facilities and equipment
- Knowledge of supplier quality standards, policies and procedures, FMEA, and Control Plans
This position is located in Austin, TX.
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.