Cirrus Logic, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Test Lead KP-4167
at Cirrus Logic, inc.
Cirrus Logic is looking for an experienced Software Lead to work within our Austin, TX-based embedded software team, who will ensure that critical Cirrus software is deeply tested and deliveries are rock solid. You will use your proven track record of working with global software and test developers to ensure that embedded software technology meets its explicit (marketing, product) and implied (stability, robustness) requirements.
- Ensure the test coding activities meet the defined quality levels for the Cirrus software organization
- Work closely with technical leads to gain a deep understanding of the requirements and operation of one or more specific algorithmic technologies
- Work with the team to provide code that tests the relevant reference platforms
- Plan the test infrastructure; work profile; and review and approve related deliveries to ensure proper coverage, implementation, and documentation
- Drive toward automation of all tests within a Continuous Integration environment
- Mentor team members to improve efficiency
- Ensure that the software package is of high quality prior to delivery into both external customers and internal Cirrus consumers.
- Liaise with product managers to ensure that tests address both the functional and non-functional aspects of an algorithmic technology
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer or Electrical Engineering or similar degree and 5+ years of experience in software and test development for algorithmic technology, embedded software, firmware or device drivers
- ASTQB/ISTQB Test Manager or equivalent certification
- Excellent interpersonal skills (both in spoken and written English)
- Excellent programming skills in Python, and proficient in Object Orientated Programming concepts
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Direct experience with Jenkins management and configuration
- Experience with test case management systems, source control tools (Git, SVN) and defect management systems (JIRA, BugZilla, TFS)
- Ability to lead with minimal supervision and able to communicate effectively with project partners
- Demonstrated track record in leading and working with remote teams
- Proven ability to innovate lead continuous improvement
- Experience in reporting and tracking project metrics to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Experience in using oscilloscopes, analyzers, JTAG and other test instrumentation
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.