Cirrus Logic, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Network Engineer JP-4447
at Cirrus Logic, inc.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer to be part of a dynamic, global team responsible for the support and continuous improvement of our critical networks. Alongside your teammates you will strive toward WAN resiliency through dynamic routing protocols, providing preemptive support through an improved focus on monitoring, and scale the business with flawless connectivity to cloud resources and remote offices.
- Support and improve, high-speed network connections between global sites and cloud providers.
- Obsessively care for the local area networks that are the foundation of Cirrus Logic’s Hardware and Software development teams
- Provide reliable, secure, and easy to use remote access into the Cirrus Logic Network for traveling and offsite employees.
- Dedicated support of the above using network monitoring and alerting systems.
- Alongside your colleagues in the Information Security team, ensure the appropriate level of security to safeguard company IP and to meet audit requirements.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience as a Network Engineer enthusiastically supporting a globally distributed engineering enterprise or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Be a hardworking, positive contributor to an organization equally dedicated to teamwork as it is to success.
- Deep understanding of technologies such as MPLS, EPL, IPSec tunnels linking remote sites together and merging geographically distributed people into a single team.
- Experience with Cisco UCS Blades, Chassis, Fabric Interconnects and UCS Central for system management.
- Possess a deep understanding of dynamic routing protocols like BGP and OSPF
- Extensive experience performing LAN and WAN Monitoring utilizing SolarWinds and Splunk
- Experience running firewalls and remote access VPN appliances such as Palo Alto, Pulse, or equivalent
- Administration and support of Network Load Balancers including Kemp, F5, or equivalent.
- Experience supporting advanced WiFi deployments with various network infrastructure products (Aruba or equivalent).
- Experience utilizing Scripting (Ansible, Puppet, shell) for automation.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Sufficient experience with Linux to be able to understand how Linux system may respond to different network conditions.
- Previous dealing with Phone and Video Conference system and they interact with networks (Skype, Zoom, or equivalent).
- A basic understanding of networking inside VMWare.
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.