Cirrus Logic, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mixed Signal Applications Engineer/Information Developer TK-4856
at Cirrus Logic, inc.
We are looking for a technically experienced engineer to be responsible for developing detailed information for Cirrus Logic’s growing variety of silicon devices and related hardware, tools, and systems. Such information includes silicon design specifications, customer-facing data sheets, hardware and software architecture specifications and manuals, etc. We eagerly pursue scripting, data modeling, and process automation to operate more efficiently in collaboration with work partner teams.
- Assess and define information requirements for new and existing products
- Execute the development of documentation, including: silicon and IP data sheets; architecture specifications; application notes; hardware and embedded firmware user manuals and white papers
- Evaluate and close information-related bugs across all potentially affected sources
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of methodologies to heighten visibility of documentation status and issues; streamline documentation production and release; and improve integration with the silicon design flow and cross-functional use of design information
- Review technical information for content, quality, and adherence to defined standards and requirements
- Communicate with customers regarding documentation-related issues and commitments
- Mentor junior team members to grow both technical and customer communication skills
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 6+ years of experience in a semiconductor applications or systems engineering role
- Experience in information development/documentation for silicon products
- Experience using Adobe FrameMaker
- Experience using and developing structured data content (e.g., XML, IP-XACT, DITA)
- Automation and scripting capabilities (e.g., Python, Perl, ExtendScript, XSLT)
- Experience using and configuring version control systems, bug tracking systems, content management/database systems
- Ability to address and prioritize immediate tactical needs while maintaining a broader customer enablement mindset
- Direct oral and written customer interaction
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Very strong ability to collaborate within a cross-functional product team
- Self discipline to juggle/context switch in order to support multiple simultaneous projects and deadlines
- Ability to clearly define abstract problems and develop concise and actionable solutions
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Mixed-signal hardware and audio-related background
- Hands-on hardware and/or software experience
- Analog, digital, and mixed-signal fundamentals
- Atlassian Confluence
- Microsoft Visio
- Automation using Jenkins, CI (Continuous Integration) pipelines
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.