Cirrus Logic, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager of Reliability Engineering JD-4238
at Cirrus Logic, inc.
You will lead a team responsible for the execution of new product qualification and ongoing reliability testing. You will manage a small group performing product qualification and reliability testing of mixed-signal CMOS IC products and MEMs, starting with silicon and package technology definition, provide input into design rules, and follow through to product qualification. This is an opportunity to hone your skills and impact the operations behind our cutting-edge products.
- Lead a team of highly skilled engineers to deliver new and existing product qualifications, providing technical leadership within that product quality and reliability engineering team
- Own and lead the new product reliability and qualification plan and risk assessment from the initial concept phase through mass production
- Working with multi-functional teams while building strong working relationships both inside and outside the organization, including multi-functional product teams to properly stress and test products
- Working with the Silicon Technology team to understand and evaluate silicon reliability with a particular focus on new company-specific IP
- Working with Packaging Engineering team to evaluate new packaging techniques and component and board level reliability stress testing
- Full budget responsibility for product qualification and reliability hardware costs
- Working with internal and external technology groups to develop new product reliability capabilities and methodologies
- Work closely with the customer and supplier quality engineering teams to ensure that the reliability and quality of the product meets both internal and external customer standards
Required Skills and Qualifications
PHDin a relevant discipline and 10 years of hands-on experience in product reliability engineering
- Experience in product quality and reliability requirements of the IC product development process
- Experience in quality and reliability requirements for silicon packaging technologies
- Proven background in a people management role within the semiconductor industry or similar, ideally leading a product reliability engineering team
- Excellent social and customer communication skills
- Deep understanding of and experience with wafer fab and assembly processes, test, and product engineering
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to use data-driven approaches to resolve quality and reliability issues
- Deep understanding of quality system requirements
- Ability to collaborate, build and maintain diverse and meaningful relationships across all levels within the organization
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- High level of experience in product qualification and reliability engineering methodologies
- Advanced knowledge and experience within wafer fab, assembly, test, and product engineering
- Strong communication and relationship building ability at all levels within an organization
- High-level knowledge of statistics
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the