Cirrus Logic, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Embedded SW Test Engineer NH-4800
at Cirrus Logic, inc.
We are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Test Engineer to join our Embedded Software Team in Austin. You will ensure our products have been deeply tested and deliveries are rock-solid! You have a consistent track record of working with global software and hardware teams to ensure our products meet both explicit (marketing, system) and implied (stability, robustness) requirements.
- Develop test plans and execute tests during pre-silicon and post-silicon phases of the product to ensure functionality and performance as per the system requirements
- Develop automated test framework and regression test suites to optimize testing efficiency
- Automate build and test pipelines using Jenkins
- Identify, report and handle defects in a defect tracking system
- Plan the test infrastructure; work profile; and review and approve related deliveries to ensure accurate coverage, implementation, and documentation
- Work closely with multi-functional team leads to understand requirements and use-cases
- Presenting results to product owners, internal customers and software developers to assist in resolving defects
- Apply outstanding methodologies to define and implement critical metrics and assess the testing process including test execution and defect resolution
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 2-5 years of experience OR MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Computer Engineering with 0-3 years of experience OR equivalent experience in a similar field
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering OR similar degree and 5+ years of experience in software and test development for algorithmic technology, embedded software, firmware or device drivers
- Experience with scripting or programming languages such as (Python/shell, C, C++, etc.)
- Experience with Jira, svn/git, and Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins)
- Knowledge of embedded systems
- Proven hands-on experience in lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, signal generators, logic analyzers and spectrum analyzers for measurement and debugging issues
- Results-oriented with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail are highly valued as you will need to understand silicon, board and software interactions
- Highly multifaceted, results-oriented and driven personality with excellent written and interpersonal skills and the ability to work across functional groups and organization
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with a variety of MCU and DSP cores/processors
- Understanding of software testing and test automation principles
- Familiar with defect management practices
- Familiar with SDLC
- Experience with Agile Scrum software development
- Experience developing and executing embedded software tests on development boards
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.