Cirrus Logic, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Digital Design Engineer (multiple opportunities) TP-4289
at Cirrus Logic, inc.
As a Digital Design Engineer at Cirrus Logic, you will be part of a collaborative team developing high performance mixed-signal audio processing IC's serving the world's top consumer electronics manufacturers. You will play a meaningful role in supporting next-generation devices for our growing audio business, ensuring that our customers can easily and effectively integrate our devices into their products.
- Work in a team environment to create and engineer digital design subsystems from concept through to tape-out
- Model control loop feedback and signal processing algorithms using tools such as Matlab and Simulink
- Convert subsystems into real-world final designs for integration into final product
- Support tape-out and post-silicon activities including validation, characterization, and production test
- Design and develop a variety of digital and DSP IP blocks for high performance audio processing IC's
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and 5+ years of technical experience in digital system design Engineering
- In-depth knowledge of Verilog RTL language
- Deep understanding of the digital design flow from architecture, RTL design, verification, and synthesis
- Understanding of control theory and discrete time, z-domain, signal processing techniques
- Familiarity with FIR and IIR filter design
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Working knowledge of high level modeling tools like Simulink, Matlab, or similar
- Experience designing and verifying complex state-machines
- Experience with mixed-signal design, simulation, and verification
- Experience with back-end flow including synthesis, place and route, and timing analysis
- Experience generating functional test vectors for PTE
- Basic understanding of CMOS transistors
- Strong lab and silicon validation skills
- Audio experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.