Cirrus Logic, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Agile Product Owner JH-3822
at Cirrus Logic, inc.
You will collaborate closely with the product management team to understand high-level product requirements, desired product functionality and underlying business drivers. You will communicate requirements to the development Scrum teams and break down these requirements into detailed user stories for implementation by the development teams in a Scaled Agile environment. You will also monitor progress and provide regular updates to program partners throughout the development cycle.
- Serve as software development liaison and support the product management team in developing a software feature roadmap
- Be the voice of the product management team within the software organization, ensuring that software deliverables meet the customer’s needs
- Work with the product manager to craft the vision of what is to be built, and convey that vision to the scrum team
- Articulate epics and features. Actively work with the team in decomposing epics/features into user stories that are granular enough for the team to estimate and work
- Develop and track product backlog user stories
- Prioritize the product backlog according to business needs during sprint planning
- Participate in daily stand-up, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective as a fully integrated scrum team member
- Create and issue software release notes
- Make day to day decisions including include user story prioritization; timings within sprints; feature implementations
- Accept the final iteration plan
- Accept stories into the baseline, including validating that the story meets acceptance criteria and that each has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests. The product owner is the only team member who can accept stories into the baseline.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Master’s in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and 5+ years of embedded software development experience in an Agile environment
- Experience with Scrum software development methodologies
- Proven ability to deliver crisp project status reports
- Experience as a technical lead and/or software architect
- Experience working with product management teams to determine requirements for software projects
- Excellent verbal and written communications in English
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Certifications in Scrum and Scaled Agile software development methodology
- Experience creating software to support embedded systems
- Experience using Eclipse and/or Java
- Experience developing embedded software for audio or portable electronics applications
This position is located in Austin, TX
Cirrus Logic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We strive to select the best qualified applicant for any opening and to reward employees based on their skills, experience and performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, pregnancy status, marital status, gender, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.