Cherry Bekaert LLP
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tax Manager - Austin
at Cherry Bekaert LLP
Proudly providing elite Tax, Assurance, and Advisory services to our clients for over 70 years, Cherry Bekaert is a nationally ranked firm, with 26 offices across nine states, and a growing, major public accounting presence in Austin.
The Austin office provides services to high-net-worth individuals and numerous business clients of various sizes and structures in a wide variety of industries. We are seeking a Tax Manager to join our collaborative and talented group of experienced tax professionals.
What your day looks like:
- Successfully managing all aspects of the client service relationship
- Developing specific knowledge of the client’s business and industry
- Managing the client’s tax compliance needs
- Anticipating tax and business issues and also recognizing tax planning opportunities.
- Training and development of less experienced professional staff.
What you need for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related. Master in Tax or LLM is preferred.
- CPA is required for this role
- Minimum of 5 years of public accounting experience with at least 2 years of managerial experience.
- Strong background and understanding of pass-through entities.
- Experience with complex individual tax compliance and planning a plus.
- Background in estate tax planning and compliance a plus, but not required.
- Candidate must have ability to service middle market clients, but must be flexible to work with clients of varying sizes.
- Candidate’s strongest traits must be in client service, problem solving, technical and staff development with appropriate commitment to business growth and development.
- Preferred industry experience:
- Real Estate/Construction
- Technology/Life Science
- Working with successful closely held businesses and their owners
What you can expect from us:
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence and mutual respect in a collaborative environment
- Extensive training focused on career and leadership development
- Ample opportunity to grow professionally
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- Competitive compensation and benefits program
- “Dress for your Day” policy
Our mission is to make a difference for our people and our clients. If these values align with yours, we’d like to hear from you.