Center for Discovery Careers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Psychiatrist - Mental Health, Residential
at Center for Discovery Careers
The Psychiatrist is responsible for consulting with the Program Director and Director of Operations to ensure appropriate psychiatric/pharmacological interventions. The Psychiatrist completes an initial, thorough evaluation within 7 days of admission, and sees each client weekly thereafter. If indicated, medications are prescribed, and monitored by the Psychiatrist at least once weekly. In addition, the Psychiatrist consults as needed with the treatment team and may attend the weekly treatment planning meetings.
- Developing appropriate and effective psychopharmacological interventions for psychiatric disorders
- Meeting regularly with the CEO/Director of Outpatient Operations to ensure appropriate psychiatric/pharmacological interventions
- Interfacing with families of clients for consent and support of psychopharmacological interventions
- Effectively identifying, conceptualizing and communicating criteria specific to the level of treatment and formulating an effective appeal for insurance carriers as necessary
- Effectively interfacing with the treatment team, contributing to the case conceptualization, treatment plan and assessing the ongoing effectiveness of the interventions
- Meeting regularly in a collaborative fashion with the Program Director to discuss individual treatment progress
- Acting on behalf of the treatment program when called upon; such interactions may include insurance companies, licensing and accreditation bodies
- Seeing individual clients on a weekly basis to monitor progress
- Documenting notes in our EMR system, BestNotes
- Providing second opinion evaluations when needed
- Assisting program treatment staff in treatment planning
- Providing medical direction to the treatment team
- Assisting in the identification of continuing medical educational needs and providing input to the Director of Performance Improvement for development of appropriate in-service education and training for the treatment team
- Demonstrating leadership abilities, with an ability to communicate with persons from all educational and cultural backgrounds
- Demonstrating tact, initiative, resourcefulness, a professional manner, enthusiasm, and a non-judgmental attitude
This is a part-time position at one of our outpatient programs. For a virtual tour of the facility, please visit our website at discoverymood.com.
- Must be a qualified psychiatrist
- Must be experienced in adolescent psychiatry and treatment
- Must be a graduate of an approved medical school and hold a current license in the state of practice
- Must be eligible for membership in the local branch of the State Medical Society
Why Work with Us
At Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program you will have the opportunity to work closely within a team of professionals consisting of mental health experts, all dedicated to promoting lasting health and healing. Clinical supervision and guidance are provided on total client care and therapeutic milieu management, as well as career growth and personal development oversight. You will develop an individualized growth plan which will help you develop your professional skills and career objectives.
Get to Know Us
Discovery Mood & Anxiety Program has a 20-year legacy of transforming lives by promoting health, healing and hope to our clients and their families. We serve adolescents in both residential and outpatient settings. It is our mission to create a transformative therapeutic experience aimed at profoundly and creatively facilitating behavioral, emotional and spiritual growth. We place a high priority on providing an environment that supports an unlimited capacity for learning, and we seek qualified individuals who share our passion for improving the lives of those we serve. With plans for continued growth, upward job mobility makes this an ideal workplace for those who want to build a career in the behavioral health sector. Come grow with us.