City of Cedar Park
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Utility Operator (Waste Water Collections)
at Cedar Park
- The City of Cedar Park
- What Makes the City of Cedar Park a great place to work:Challenging - Fast-Paced - Sense of Community - Valued Employees - EngagingCustomer Service - Sincerity in Willingness to Help - Friendly - Hard-Working - Intensity
Team Work - Collaboration - Sense of Belonging - Positive Environment
Fun - Opportunities - Development - Training
You have a highly specialized skill set, technical tools and training that allow you to be the best at what you do. You take pride in helping others, no matter the situation. But you yearn for more. You need a new challenge. So bring your skills and expertise to the City of Cedar Park! The work isn't easy. It's often challenging. And at the end of the day, you'll know you are a part of something bigger than yourself. Join us today!
- The Position
- The City of Cedar Park is currently seeking qualified applications for the position of Utility Operator I/II to perform duties essential in operating and maintaining the City's Wastewater Collection system.
- Repairs water and sewer leaks, including digging holes and trenches, using backhoes and other equipment, and placing necessary shoring;
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on water and sewer lines, including unclogging lines using hydro jets, routers, and hand tools, light and heavy equipment, exercising and/or replacing valves, repairing lift station pumps, entering confined spaces, and testing for low water pressure;
- Reads and maintains various flow meters, water interconnects, meters/gages at lift stations, water booster stations, and other utility appurtenances;
- Maintains grounds at field operations, lift stations, booster stations, plants and other facilities;
- Fills out required work orders;
- Staff the on-call rotation list subject to un-scheduled off-duty emergencies; and
- Performs such other related duties as may be assigned.
- Acceptable Experience, Training, Certifications and Licenses
- High school graduation, or its equivalent, plus at least two (2) years of experience in water or wastewater utility operations or construction;
or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Supplemental Information
Valid Texas Class A Commercial Driver's License, or the ability to obtain within 90 days, with an acceptable driving record.
For Utility Operator I: must obtain a Class II Wastewater Collection License or Class C Water Distribution License within two years of hire.
For Utility Operator II: A Class II Wastewater Collection license or Class C Water Distribution license issued by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ).
Utility Operator I: $15.84 - $19.33 per hour
Utility Operator II: $18.34 - $22.38 per hour