City of Cedar Park
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Cedar Park
- The City of Cedar Park
- What Makes the City of Cedar Park a great place to work:Challenging - Fast-Paced - Sense of Community - Valued Employees - EngagingCustomer Service - Sincerity in Willingness to Help - Friendly - Hard-Working - Intensity
Team Work - Collaboration - Sense of Belonging - Positive Environment
Fun - Opportunities - Development - Training
You have a highly specialized skill set, technical tools and training that allow you to be the best at what you do. You take pride in helping others, no matter the situation. But you yearn for more. You need a new challenge. So bring your skills and expertise to the City of Cedar Park! The work isn't easy. It's often challenging. And at the end of the day, you'll know you are a part of something bigger than yourself. Join us today!
- The Position
The City of Cedar Park is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Network Administrator:
- Develops and implements standards and guidelines for managing technology assets;
- Maintains the backup and recovery of the city's network infrastructure in accordance with the IT disaster recovery plan;
- Researches latest technologies on the market including network capacity and security designs based on specific project needs and/or general department guidelines for high-performing, reliable service, ensuring acquisition of hardware and software most beneficial to the City;
- Manages and coordinates the procurement and acquisition process for obtaining technology assets, developing technical specifications for such acquisitions; and
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Acceptable Experience, Training, Certifications and Licenses
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field plus five (5) years of increasingly responsible network configuration design and problem resolution,
or: any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Supplemental Information
Valid Texas Driver's License, with acceptable driving record.
Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA)and Cisco Certified network Professional Certification (CCNP) required,
or: ability to obtain CCNA and CCNP certifications within one year from date of hire.